Guitars you Want!

Started by Greeny, September 24, 2008, 09:56:01 AM

guitarron

that goldtop is nice-(they all are)
I have a 76 like it except i have the mini humbuckers and a maple neck(rosewood fretboard)

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

madrab

I remember greeny writing he wanted a Hagström. Here's a site for you:
http://www.hagstrom-vintage-guitars.se/
(the swedish krona is really low now)
cheers

Greeny

Quote from: madrab on March 17, 2009, 03:12:57 PMI remember greeny writing he wanted a Hagström. Here's a site for you:
http://www.hagstrom-vintage-guitars.se/
(the swedish krona is really low now)
cheers

Thanks! They're real beauties!  ;D

Davo

Greenie thats a smart looking acoustic.  They had that style of guard in the olden days, but out here you only see red tort guards these days.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Greeny

Quote from: Davo on March 18, 2009, 11:57:25 PMGreenie thats a smart looking acoustic.  They had that style of guard in the olden days, but out here you only see red tort guards these days.

I really wanted that type of pickguard and something that wasn't a 'regular' acoustic guitar style. I'd like a vintage Gibson Hummingbird, but it's never going to happen...  :(

Davo

Im the same way, I opted for this cat.  One of my best friends actually.

guitarron

Quote from: Davo on March 19, 2009, 02:54:57 AMIm the same way, I opted for this cat.  One of my best friends actually.

is that a tanglewood?

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Davo on March 19, 2009, 02:54:57 AMIm the same way, I opted for this cat.  One of my best friends actually.

That's a lovely guitar - can see why you like it  :)

Davo

Its a Blueridge BR-160-Solid Spruce and Rosewood.
I liked it so much I got a BR-40-Spruce with laminated Mahogany sides.
They are the working mans Martin D-28 and D-18 :)

Greeny

Quote from: Davo on March 19, 2009, 12:34:54 PMIts a Blueridge BR-160-Solid Spruce and Rosewood.
I liked it so much I got a BR-40-Spruce with laminated Mahogany sides.
They are the working mans Martin D-28 and D-18 :)

I looked at Blueridge - there's a great guitar shop near where I work (Hobgoblin music) where they have a stack of Blueridges. They were as good as the Taylors I tried, and they had a nice bluegrass twang to them. I went for the Tanglewood in the end (because of the way it responded to my style of playing), but I like those Blueridges a lot. Would definitely give one wall / floor space!  :)