Guitars you Want!

Started by Greeny, September 24, 2008, 09:56:01 AM

Greeny

Quote from: madrab on November 03, 2008, 02:09:45 AMMy s51 has arrived!
It needs to be adjusted, but it's a great guitar. Amazing value. Check them out if you have the chance. The humbucker is not a loud one and works great with the strat-pickup. When played clean, its more a telecaster punch to it. They were once sold for $100, now you can get one for under $200 which still is a bargain. I have a -78 telecaster with seymour duncan pickups and I can't see that the s51 is much less of a guitar.

I hope we get to hear some of your new sound on the 'post your work' thread!  :)

Flash Harry

Some chap was playing what looked like a Gretsch last night at the Goldfrapp gig I was at, black bodied and glittery silver pick guard. It looked amazing, sort of stretched and elongated and it sounded absolutely fantastic.

Envy!!!!!!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Quote from: flashharry on November 04, 2008, 07:28:30 AMSome chap was playing what looked like a Gretsch last night at the Goldfrapp gig I was at, black bodied and glittery silver pick guard. It looked amazing, sort of stretched and elongated and it sounded absolutely fantastic.

Envy!!!!!!

Something like this... ?

This is a Gretsch duo jet. I'd have one. Or a sparkle jet. We can but wish!!!!

Flash Harry

That's the fecker! Gorgeous isn't it?
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Flash Harry

This has just arrived at my house!

Schecter Hellraiser 5. Straight trhrough neck. EMG pickups, active with a bottom B!

I'm in heaven!
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

And I'm jealous! Looks beautiful. What's that extra string like? I've never played a 5 string and not sure if the extra string is really worth it. I struggle enough with 4.....

BTW, I saw you went to see Goldfrapp. I'm just struggling with a trippy psychedlic number inpsired by "Little Bird". What were they like live? I've enoyed their music for many years.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on February 12, 2009, 12:49:37 PMAnd I'm jealous! Looks beautiful. What's that extra string like? I've never played a 5 string and not sure if the extra string is really worth it. I struggle enough with 4.....

BTW, I saw you went to see Goldfrapp. I'm just struggling with a trippy psychedlic number inpsired by "Little Bird". What were they like live? I've enoyed their music for many years.

Cheers,

Nigel

The 5th string is a dream. You're used to it in about 10 minutes. Action is a bit low for me at the moment and I'll have to raise it slightly.  But what depth. It's really nice.
I won't play it for everything, although you could. I like the feel of my Aria. This is heavier and the balance is different. We'll see in a few months time how I'm getting on with it.

Goldfrapp were really good live. I've seen them three or four times now. This last gig was quite different to the previous ones. They started off quite slow, a couple off the new album, then mixed them up a bit, getting louder and moving onto the faster tracks. It was a good strategy and worked really well. The crowd were jumping towards the end. This was less initimate, more of a set that they delivered, little audience/artist interaction. Alison was a bit stroppy about people videoing the gig on their mobiles. Petty I thought. But I suppose that they get a lot of people posting bootleg stuff these days and it's revenue isn't it?

I'd love to hear what you've done so far. Each song they publish I think 'I could have done that'. Happy to comment.

I'm guessing 1957 is a significant year for you, which puts us of a generation, 'X' as Billy would have had it.

Oh, just a tip, don't nip down the guitar shop and just 'try' a 5 stringer. It cost me rather dearly.

Cheers

Mike

- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Quote from: Flash Harry on February 12, 2009, 01:36:05 PMI'd love to hear what you've done so far. Each song they publish I think 'I could have done that'. Happy to comment.
Hmm. Well, I started with Goldfrapp in mind and it certainly has an ambient feel, but it's gone in a very dark direction and I'm afraid it would scare Alison right out of her deer stop. We'll see how it turns out.

Quote from: Flash Harry on February 12, 2009, 01:36:05 PMOh, just a tip, don't nip down the guitar shop and just 'try' a 5 stringer. It cost me rather dearly.

Right. Make sure you remind me of that. I hear the Guitar Amp and Keyboard Centre calling me.....

Oh and yes, 57 is a significant year, as you guessed. Ferryman was a nickname I got in a band when I was singing and playing rhythm guitar and the rest of the band thought my Roxy influences showed through rather too much. I suspect we are very much of the "X" generation.......

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bro

well i am lucky enough to have a Hagström  :D
And it seems... That i would kill for a cherry red ES-335  :P
Damn i love that one!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Bluesberry

;D Right now I am lusting after a Godin Montreal.
http://www.godinguitars.com/godinmontrealp.htm  I am going crazy over this guitar.  I may check one out this weekend just for fun.  :P

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand