Tommy Emmanuel

Started by Migs, July 27, 2010, 03:47:31 PM

Migs

... and his little brother Phil are touring in Australia.

If you haven't seen Tommy, you should.  I am just annoyed that I forgot to look this up earlier and now there are no good seats left in Sydney.  I am going to cross my fingers and hope that he announces another date here.  You might have better luck for the other gigs.  Highly recommended though.

http://www.entertainmentedge.com.au/rob-potts-entertainment-edge/emmanuel/index.htm
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

chapperz66

I couldn't agree more.  I was fortunate enough to see Tommy live in a smallish Methodist Hall in Coventry a couple of years ago.  He was supported by another phenomenal acoustic guitarist called Andy McKee (you really need to check this old boy out too! Try Tight Trite Night on Youtube as a place to start).  They are both really nice chaps - they mingled with the audience during the interval over a cup of tea - no bar as it was a Methodist hall after all.

Go to see them if you can.

Paul

Greeny

Several of us were enthusing about him on here a while back. His playing is almost unbelievable. Someone should cover one of his incredible Beatles medleys / interpretations for the current fest, lol.

chapperz66

Quote from: Greeny on July 28, 2010, 02:10:24 AMSeveral of us were enthusing about him on here a while back. His playing is almost unbelievable. Someone should cover one of his incredible Beatles medleys / interpretations for the current fest, lol.

I certainly am not worthy - and definately not capable.  Even with the option of multi-tracking.... :)

Migs

hmmmm....

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !