In Explaination

Started by Johnbee, July 27, 2010, 11:55:24 AM

Johnbee

Dear fellow music enthusiasts;

Some of you might wonder where I've been of late and why I've not been posting and reviewing.
All I can say at this point is that I've been going through some very deep personal struggles and am facing several crossroads now to the point where my mind is not free to think much about music or even listen to it. I can barely stand to listen to my own music anymore. I don't know at this point in time how any of this will play out. Hopefully and prayerfully I will "get myself together" eventually. I can tell you that the problem does not involve physical health, but mainly emotional health of not only myself, but other people I'm close to. Also, it's nothing life threatening. I just want to assure my friends here, as well on as several other forums I'm a member of that it's nothing personal against any particular person or situation here. My music life is currently at a standstill, both listening and producing. I'm praying this won't be a prolonged situation.

I wish you all the continued best in peace and happiness.

Most Sincerely;

John Bowen (Johnbee)

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Tony W

Good luck getting things sorted John.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Yes, I hope you get things worked out - I'm sure we all experience brief periods of darkness, and I know yours will find an end soon. Looking at it any other way is not an option.

Take care,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

I've been to this place too. More than once. Remember that even the bleakest, darkest feelings and periods pass in time. Hang on in there. When the the musical muse is ready for you, she'll let you know. Until then, let her sleep. Take care & all the very best wishes.

Quote from: launched on July 27, 2010, 02:30:53 PMI'm sure we all experience brief periods of darkness, and I know yours will find an end soon.

Mark
Hi john, I'm not very religeous, but I hope your God takes care of you...............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

I agree with Greeny above...good advices! I hope everything goes well...take care!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

John, sorry to hear that. I hope things work out for you, there's probably not much we can do to help apart from offer our moral support.

I'm sorry to hear you can't listen to your music because I've really enjoyed what you have posted and I often find when things are tough that music is a great solace. And can I just say a big thank you to you, because I am really enjoying Samplitude (which you may recall you recommended to me). Your steer there has given me a new direction in my music, because I've always struggled with DAWs before but thiis one is really good and is taking my production to another level.

Cheers and all the best,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Glenn Mitchell

I read some interesting thoughts from the artist Robert Genn
He said looking over old work that he now felt was terrible, made him think he must therefore be improving.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Oldrottenhead

hi john, i hope your current situation can be resolved, like others here i can emphasize with how you may be feeling. i have come to many crossroads in my life, from personal experience and guidance and advice from friends and loved ones over the years i have found that it is better to move forward than stand still. at the crossroad the choice to go left or right or east or west can be a hard one and if you dont choose you get stuck there confused and perhaps overwhelmed. but if you choose a direction you can move forward, if you pick the wrong turning you can go back and then find the right turning but whatever you choose you are not standing still.

i wish you all the best
james
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Kenneth

Glad to see you're back and posting John.
 Hopefully things are on the upswing for you now.

Keep rockin'!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman