Started by mr2kewl, July 27, 2010, 03:54:05 AM

mr2kewl

S71
Time:
0:00
Volume:
well... here it is

inspired by Rata-tat-tat's "Six"

threw my Kaos and MBR in my bag and did this while on a 1700 mile motorcycle trip

S71 is the setting on the Kaos – that's it, just the S71 – hence the name.

as always, thanks for listening

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

I was expecting not to like this as it is not what I would normally listen to, but I've listened twice and I shall download when I get home from work. Lots in there to hold my interest.......Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

Very experimental, but in a good way. There's something that feels quite retro about it... kind of fifties space-age sci-fi brought up to date. It definitely draws you in. Very cool.

Gu Djin

I suppose it is no coincidence that as I listened to this I got the feeling of a journey as you were on a sojourn while it was being composed/created.  Somehow it holds an interest throughout for me.

Good post.
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Redler

Very experimental but interesting after two listenings. This reminds a Finnish radio show called "Spacejunk". I have still some tapes recorded times ago...

I notice one spot on this...it was like the sound of motorcycle turned for sound of wind...fine!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

OK, OK, how do you ride a motorbike and play a Kaossilator........?

This is really clever, you created a piece of music out of just one sound, which is really hard to do. It's got all your usual trademark out there avant garde approach as well, which is always refreshing. Just shows you don;t have to use the Kaossilator to produce "traditional" electronic music. Stockhausen would have loved this, it might also appear as one of Can's "EFS" tracks. Really different and I enjoyed this.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gary F

Cool stuff!!I enjoyed listening!!!
The last few seconds sound like a uke.
Gary

mr2kewl

thanks everybody for taking the time to listen and comment on this. i never would have thought it would have done as well as it has. it's inspired me to look at the Kaos from a different perspective. i literally dusted of my Kaos at the last minute since i couldn't take my guitars with me on my scooter.

Quote from: Ferryman on July 28, 2010, 06:03:04 AMOK, OK, how do you ride a motorbike and play a Kaossilator........?

This is really clever, you created a piece of music out of just one sound, which is really hard to do. It's got all your usual trademark out there avant garde approach as well, which is always refreshing. Just shows you don;t have to use the Kaossilator to produce "traditional" electronic music. Stockhausen would have loved this, it might also appear as one of Can's "EFS" tracks. Really different and I enjoyed this.

Cheers,

Nigel

very carefully, Nigel, very carefully. LOL

the thought of making Stockhausen smile makes me smile.

i heard this the other day and thought of you since you're the only Nigel i know.

Making Plans For Nigel by XTC - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C6bVckO_CM

thanks again
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Ferryman

Quote from: mr2kewl on July 29, 2010, 03:57:49 AMi heard this the other day and thought of you since you're the only Nigel i know.

Making Plans For Nigel by XTC - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C6bVckO_CM

thanks again

You probably need to know a few more Nigels! I love that song, XTC were a big fave band and they are the same age as me so I was playing similar punky stuff while they were beginning to make it. And I do get linked with that song quite a lot but I promise I never worked for British Steel.......

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Guid Schtuff! Reminds me of the music on that old atari arcade game "Marble Madness".

Very cool.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover