'Wounded Souls' - In need of some bass...

Started by Greeny, September 22, 2008, 02:50:16 AM

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 27, 2008, 10:49:17 AMwill do. was pissed as a fart when i took the liberty last night, will just edit out allthe other bits or do you want me to post the vox track for you to mix it in.

Hi Jim. It would be better for you to mix and post it - I have to admit that I haven't got to grips with that part of the BR functionality yet... !

AlchemyMN

Oldrottenhead

LESS3_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
here is version with edited vocals, didnt resing it just cut out the bits you didnt want.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 29, 2008, 10:35:26 AMhere is version with edited vocals, didnt resing it just cut out the bits you didnt want.

It's a keeper! Thanks Jim!

Will post it up on Soundclick tomorrow with credits for you and Marcelo.

You guys have made a cynical old git very happy!  :)

Oldrottenhead

expect backing for this is a love theme any minute now. did it not having listened to entire song then you came in at the end not unlike my take and took me by surprise.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

That is a really beautiful song.  Your production is very nice, crystal clear.  I have a long way to go to get anything approaching this quality of sound.  Really great lyrics also.  Was this complete song done with the Micro BR or was there some other recording, mixing, mastering device used.  If this is completely done with the Mirco BR than this little device is outstanding.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on September 29, 2008, 11:29:40 AMThat is a really beautiful song.  Your production is very nice, crystal clear.  I have a long way to go to get anything approaching this quality of sound.  Really great lyrics also.  Was this complete song done with the Micro BR or was there some other recording, mixing, mastering device used.  If this is completely done with the Mirco BR than this little device is outstanding.

Thanks Bluesberry! Yep... the original 4 tracks of the song were all done on the BR without any other software or trickery. I think Prive has used some extra technology on his part of the collaboration, but I only ever use the basic functionality of the BR to record, mix and master. It has everything I need, and the in-built mic has been perfect for nailing both vocals and acoustic guitar. I've had the BR for around 6 or 7 weeks, so I'm still getting to grips with what it can do. But it's a superb little box of wonders, and beats anything else I've recordedon hands down.  :) 

Greeny

This is now my featured song on Soundclick:

http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=tim+green

The more I hear it, the more I love it. The contributions from Marcelo and James (ORH) have given it a real shine that I could never have achieved on my own. So THANKS GUYS!

There are credits for you both on the song info and on my band page.

Looking forward to doing the same with 'This is a Love Theme'.

I've got a problem now, because every time I listen to one of my songs, I'm always thinking: 'I wonder what the guys on the forum could add to this part... ". A nice problem to have though!  :)

Flash Harry

Tim

This is fantastic. You have a brilliant song here. I love what Marcelo and Jim have done to add to it. It has polished an already fine song.

It's on my PiePod.

Cracking stuff guys.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Quote from: flashharry on October 02, 2008, 06:41:45 AMTim

This is fantastic. You have a brilliant song here. I love what Marcelo and Jim have done to add to it. It has polished an already fine song.

It's on my PiePod.

Cracking stuff guys.

Thanks!  :)