Window Seat

Started by Farmjazz, September 20, 2008, 06:26:34 PM

Farmjazz

Riding the train from Orange county to San Diego. You see all sorts of scenery along the way. Desert, citrus groves, ocean beaches, and cities.

hooper

Very picturesque and great playing as usual, Hal.
Good to be hearing from you again.

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Flash Harry

Nice peice.

Clearly a Steam loco pulling the slow train. I get the feeling this could be a bridge or a mid section of a rocky epic.

Love to hear it develop.

Cheers

Harry.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

great stuff hal, you should video the view from the window and use your track as the soundtrack, can picture the view in my head but its probably nothing like the real thing.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

This is REALLY beautiful. Beautiful, sublime, and evocative. I've done a fair bit of train riding in California myself, and as ORH says, I can see this as the soundtrack for some lovely old super 8 home-movie footage with sunspots glaring in the lens through the train window...

See... your music is getting me carried me away!

Mudhut

Thanks for that Farmjazz, it just conjures up so many images. You caught the feeling of a warm evening, just looking out of a train window and letting your mind wander around the scenery. Hows that CD of yours coming along??
Keep on rocking in the free world :)

Oldrottenhead

still waiting for the video to this one
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Man when a song is this great it deserves repeat listens. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farmjazz

Jim and Greeny - I love your idea about using this behind a video, but I haven't got that kind of gear. Heck, I don't even watch TV. However, the photography instructor at the high school owes me a favor. Maybe she can turn this into a project for her students, (a fine bunch, they are too!) Thanks for the creative input!

holdempok

smooth man really smooth. I like it when I have a smooth moment like this sounds. Thoughful and Thankful.
Why don't we do it on the road?