Vocal Technique :Part 1/2 and now part 3!!:)

Started by Pipes, July 22, 2010, 01:31:27 AM

lg

Wow!!!
This is awesome advice Nick.
Thank  you so much for posting this....
I for one, need all the help I can get!
I look forward to your next post.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

djbride

Great advice Nick and Tim.
This is very helpful.
Thank You both.

Dave
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

Kevin Mammoth

Great post Nightcaller, good advice.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

Pipes

Hi, Thanks kevin, really,...any other advice is cetainly welcolme!:)) ;) This topic is for everyone and not just for me to bla bla bla..:))))) Kevin, You made some really good points...You know it was Karaoke that also got me interested in improving my voice, because it was karaoke that gave me the confidence to open up my lungs and not be sooo self aware about who maybe??.. laughing or looking at me...who cares...go for it!..and learn something about yourself peeps....
...more next week :-X...enjoy the rest of the weekend folks...
Nick

OsCKilO

Nick!!!

These Tips are fantastic!!!!

The results really show fast!

Thanks you for sharing these with us!

They are like gold!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

guitarron

my tip is to let someone with a good voice sing- ;)

but i'll wolf one out from time to time

great tips-thanks for the insightful post

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pipes

Hi Guys, Part 2 of singing tech joined onto part 1..
yeh.. stating the obvious again! ;D
enjoy
Nick

Geir

I wish I'd read this thread before the BeatlesFest ;D more than almost killed my voice a couple of times trying to sing some of those harmonies ....

Like Tim I struggle with those Macca-vocals .. I was hoping to do "Band on the run", but have given up for now .....

Quote from: Greeny on July 22, 2010, 09:10:31 AM...I sometimes use a capo to find a more comfortable key too.

Where would I be without my trusty Shubb?!  :D
Now if Shubb only could make a capo big enough to fit around my thick neck too ;D ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

cuthbert

Quote from: Geir on August 25, 2010, 08:19:15 AM
Quote from: Greeny on July 22, 2010, 09:10:31 AM...I sometimes use a capo to find a more comfortable key too.

Where would I be without my trusty Shubb?!  :D
Now if Shubb only could make a capo big enough to fit around my thick neck too ;D ;D ;D

Hey, I could use one of those for my vocals, too! Or sometimes a drop tuning.  ;)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Geir

But on the serious side, pushing your vocals a bit (yeah yeah .. after warming up of course :D ) both in the upper and lower register, does help in the long run. I know the last year and a half since I started singing again (and much more frequently than any time earlier in my life) really has expanded my range.

A recording tip: If you feel like me that your voice is cracking up here and there throughout a song, try doubling the voice. That is, record the same vocal twice. You probably won't crack up in the exact same spots and the mix of the two will sound much better than one single take. You'll have to know the song well enough to have two takes that are fairly alike, regarding timing tho.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........