Golden Days - a "new" False Prophet song

Started by chapperz66, July 15, 2010, 08:06:11 AM

chapperz66

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Nick (Nightcaller) has prompted me to inflict another False Prophet song on you all.  This is another song we have recently recorded that has its origins back in the early 1980's.  The song is called "Golden Days" and features Nick on vocals and bass guitar, me on keyboards and our mate Mark Drozdz on guitar.

It's probably one of the more accessible songs that we did - dare I say almost "poppy"?  In a big-hair, eighties kind of way of course.

By the way, the music for our CD is now complete and I'm just putting the finishing touches on the CD artwork - if anybody is interested.

[soundclick]9402936[/soundclick]

Top quality all round, this is a superb production, vocally and musically as good as anything I've heard in a long time.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Tony W

I could have sworn I commented on this already. The separation in the instruments are fantastic. I love being able to zero in on each piece. The song is an ass kicker, I really dig it.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

I enjoyed this - it has a BIG sound, big-hair or little-hair.  ;) Super production and performances.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Tangled Wires

This is epic, the sort of song that needs to be played very loud to appreciate the full force of it.

Every instrument is expertly played and fits in the mix at exactly the right level and I am finding myself picking out different parts on each listen (on 3rd listen now!)

The vocal is just as powerful as the music...just a top song.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

RockTastic! I'm not sure about it being rooted in the 80's, it has an epic rock feel, like a Blackmore track.

Magical!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Gary F

Fantastic performance!!!!!! You guys are first class all the way!!!!!
Killer song!!! Awesome  production!!!
Gary

Halem

Powerful song, all instruments work perfectly and mixing is really superb.

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Pipes

This song was written  in 1978 when i was 18..god i feel old :P.. Those were "The Golden Days"...  shit i better go for a run and keep age at bay  ..some hopes:(((   aaaaaaaaaaeeeeeee
Nick