My jam with a ii-V-I BT

Started by little_chick, July 11, 2010, 08:01:20 AM

little_chick

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

A friend of mine is teaching me a lot about scales, modes, and how to use them to play lead guitar.  He is learning jazz chords and progressions, so he made this backing track for me to jam to.  It's a little rough in places, but it's all one take.  

http://www.4shared.com/audio/SyG-Z_93/251JAM__.html

[4shared]http://www.4shared.com/embed/337323853/a2ccdfdf[/4shared]

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Way to go little chick!

Some nice melodic playing there. Cool jazzy feel to it. Great sound in that guitar too!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

little_chick

Thanks, Geir!  I love my mahogany tele!  I just plugged it straight into the MBR.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

This shows a lot of promise little_chick. This is not far from where I was a year ago. With a little hard work, you'll be playing some fantastic jazz in no time.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

little_chick

Thanks, Tony!

It's like learning a new language in that I'm having to think a lot right now, but I know things with just gel in my brain and it will eventually come more naturally.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

If you're interesting in learning lead guitar, songcrafters has a resident expert teacher in 48. I owe him a debt of gratitude that is beyond anything I can ever repay.

for a demo of what he can do for you check this out: Listen to the third post first, then the first post.

11 months of work paying off

I can't speak for Mike, but I think he's still willing to take on new students.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

little_chick

Thanks for the referral, but I already have a guitar guru.  He's the one who made the bt that I played to.   :)

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

That shows great promise little chick
Pm me if you would like any pointers I have a bunch of lessons ready to go
Keep at it.....It will pay off!

little_chick

Thanks, 48!  I really appreciate it!   :)

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Really nice jazzy feel to this. I've been playing for more years than I care to remember and I still can't play jazz this well.  Keep it coming.  Regards Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800