Matt Anderson - rising Canadian star from New Brunswick - Yeahhhhhhh!!!

Started by Bluesberry, July 09, 2010, 06:54:06 AM

Bluesberry

I just went to see this guy last night at our little annual folk/blues festival here in Saint John.  Matt Anderson, he is incredible, blew the roof off the joint.  I have been following him for a few years and his star is rising ever higher.  The dude is unbelievable live.  His voice is beyond incredible and I can't even believe how he plays his acoustic like that on some songs.  He goes off on these wild solos on his acoustic that made every hair on my body stand up.  If anyone gets a chance to hear this guy, he is touring around Canada and the USA this summer/fall, don't pass it up.  I am so pumped from last night seeing him I just had to post this from the Montreal Jazz fest last summer.  What a guitar player and what an incredible voice.  His music is so real it hurts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhjdE4vKhww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UawJMRpMM9I

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

What a talent. The voice alone is out of this world - almost unbelievable for a live performance. It shakes you to the core hearing something so powerful and - as you say - 'real'. Shame he doesn't look like Justin Bieber... he'd be world famous. He's incredible. I'm spellbound.

Tony W

Quote from: Greeny on July 09, 2010, 07:03:30 AMWhat a talent. The voice alone is out of this world - almost unbelievable for a live performance. It shakes you to the core hearing something so powerful and - as you say - 'real'. Shame he doesn't look like Justin Bieber... he'd be world famous. He's incredible. I'm spellbound.
He looks like he ate Justin Bieber, which puts him to super star status for me.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Do we have to vote to send this guy to North Korea too?

I'm confused now  ??? ??? ???
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

OsCKilO

Now that is something very special.......

What a talent!

I love his opening line...

"I you break up with someone that happens to be a musician, You're gonna Get a song written about ya!"
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Geir

Quote from: OsCKilO on July 12, 2010, 07:31:25 AM"I you break up with someone that happens to be a musician, You're gonna Get a song written about ya!"
I wonder how many song on this site that's been written for that reason ???
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

I spent a wonderful couple of weeks in a hunters cabin on the Restigouche River a couple of years ago. Sounds like I've got to go back and take in some of the music along with great scenery and that sky that goes on for ever. This is stunning stuff.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800