'Wounded Souls'

Started by Greeny, September 17, 2008, 06:53:19 AM

T.C. Elliott

Okay, so when is the album coming out. This is a perfect slow down track. I can totally hear it on your album. This is most excellent. I'm jealous.

You said you mixed on the train... is this all Boss or did you use a pc to mix?
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Blooby

Yet another bump for my favorite tune I've heard on this site.

It just gets to me.

Have a wonderful holiday, folks.

Blooby

stoman

All your songs are a class of its own, Tim! I don't think this is your best song, but it definitely is another great one.

Regards,
  Steffen

Covermark

Wonderful song Tim. Very tender song / sung  8)

Two thumbs up!!

Blooby

Can't help myself.  I had to give this yet another bump in case anybody missed it.

Blooby

Gnasty

Thanks for bumping...

I thought i commented on this. This is just incredible in every way. Very catchy and sticks in your head.

It should be a hit racking in some greeny for Greeny.  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Quote from: Greeny on September 19, 2008, 05:21:43 AMI'm no bass player, so I'll only add my own when I don't think I'll ruin the song!

Prive... where are you?!

Upon reflection of this quote after a couple years it seems you don`t need anyone to put bass on your songs. Your bass playing is stellar these days!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

AndyR

Quote from: Blooby on February 12, 2011, 09:12:21 AMCan't help myself.  I had to give this yet another bump in case anybody missed it.

Blooby

Me!! I missed it...

It's fab Timbo :)

And your comment about "listening is important" is SO true. I've settled into a routine of a) work on a recording for however long it takes, not much time to listen to other people's stuff during that, b) post the bugger, hoping for approbation/wotever, and c) take a couple of days rest to listen to other people's stuff with a guitar on my lap...

I'm doing c) at the moment, and it never fails to amaze me how much inspiration I get. I get different things from different people - last time it was one of Geir's made me remember a song I had up my sleeve and helped start off a), previous to that someone's opening statement in a post gave me a song. With yours I get two inspirational things mainly - a re-awakening of freedom in melodies and harmonies, and an "oh crumbs, he achieved that effect with one guitar!! Must try harder not to record the second (and third, and fourth) guitar part in future..." :D

Like stoman, I'm not convinced this is your best one on here (so don't let it, or any other song, be a stumbling block for new stuff) but it is right up there...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Redler

Quote from: lg on January 24, 2009, 08:51:48 AMGreeny this IS one of the best songs I have ever heard!
Damn Man, why isn't this on the radio???
LG

Agree with lg... Superb!!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

trev

Hi greeny

I really like this just how it is really simple, definitely less is more - really nice,  I like the rawness of it.
great stuff

Trev