Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Somehow missed this one back in the day, its like the song that Crowded House never wrote.

Great tone on the acoustic and some magical additions with the electric, not to mention the outstanding vocal...all in all pretty damn perfect!

Great Bump!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

des0free

This is from way before I started reading the forum, so thanks for the bump, I'm glad to hear this wonderful song by one of the board's top talents.  The melody in the "The more you give" section sends a shiver down my spine.  Beautiful!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Blooby on May 02, 2010, 06:44:25 PMHad to give this another bump.  I think this is my favorite by yours.  Unbelievable vocals, great background vocals, fab instrumentation, great production. 

The song structure is wonderful.  There is some clever fiddling about with the vocal melody lines.

Just slays me every time it pops up in my Best of Songcrafters folder.

Blooby

Wow! Thanks Blooby! This is the one I'm most proud of as a piece of songwriting. It's also the one that's a real b*stard as a benchmark to work against. Every time I do a good song, there's this little voice in the back of my head saying 'but it's no wounded souls...', lol. I'll keep trying though!

Prive and ORH really did some great work on this one too. It lifted it up to another level musically.

Cheers mate - means a lot!!!!

pjd1

Just superb !! love you use of chords and the way you move them around in the song , move over Neil Finn is right !! pro job right the way through !

Dunny

recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Blooby

Apparently, it's going to be my job to bump this every few months or so. I must say this is probably my favorite tune that has come out of this site, certainly the one I come back to the most.

I just thought any newbies deserved a crack at listening to this.

The chorus just kills me every time.

Cheers.

Blooby

Bluesberry

Ahhhhhhhhhh, thats better, the world is right again.  I needed a fix of this great song, thanks for your public service Blooby.  Next month same time?

Probably right about this being a archetypal Greeny song, it has all the elements in the right places.  A true thing of beauty.  Keep bumping it back up Blooby, I don't think anybody would mind, in-fact, it is essential listening, at least once per month.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Can't believe that in my 13 months here that I somehow missed this, but I did!

Thanks for bumping it - I can't add much that hasn't been said already. Classic!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Riche

trev

great song greeny - great sense of melody and lyrics, really suits your voice, great stuff.

Trev