'Wounded Souls'

Started by Greeny, September 17, 2008, 06:53:19 AM

Greeny

02_TIM GREEN - Wounded Souls
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Another of my old compositions re-worked on the BR (and mixed and mastered on the train this morning!).

All done in 4 tracks only, with the combined acoustic guitar and backing vocals recorded through the in-built mic. I used two guitar effect patches: 'Nashville' for the rhythm, and 'Smoothlead' for the lead licks and solo. Both were done on my Hofner verythin archtop.

I'm very happy with how this song translated on the BR. Just another reason why this little box of tricks continues to inspire and amaze...

antisocialworker

and why aren't I hearing you on the radio?
Man you need to send this to someone who can help you out a bit
your almost as talented as ol rotten...almost.

Oldrottenhead

dont be silly antisocial i cant tie tim's shoelaces
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 19, 2008, 12:45:54 AMdont be silly antisocial i cant tie tim's shoelaces

The reason this forum works (especially the collaborations) is that we have all sorts of different talents floating around. I think I'm starting to know how to put a song together, but I'll never play guitar like some of the serious six-string talent I've heard on here. Neither can I do what ORH does - i.e. magically get inside someone elses song and interpret it into words and feelings that always seem to fit.

Here's to sharing and learning.... !  :)

hooper

Very nice, Tim.  I'm beginning to see that you've got a recognizable style and sound, interesting and pleasant to listen to.
Good use of 4 tracks.... I wish there was (more) bass.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

guitarron

Quote from: LesPaulGoldTop on September 17, 2008, 06:53:19 AMI used two guitar effect patches: 'Nashville' for the rhythm, and 'Smoothlead' for the lead licks and solo. Both were done on my Hofner verythin archtop.

Ol "Smoothlead" to the rescue again-nice job Tim
Hofner arch top-thats a nice guitar-
I am considering a jazz box myself-Godin is making one now-under $1000

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: hooper on September 19, 2008, 04:45:53 AMI wish there was (more) bass.

More than happy for somone to add some low end (from where the cymbals kick in...). I'm no bass player, so I'll only add my own when I don't think I'll ruin the song!

Prive... where are you?!

Greeny

Quote from: guitarron on September 19, 2008, 04:56:05 AM
Quote from: LesPaulGoldTop on September 17, 2008, 06:53:19 AMI used two guitar effect patches: 'Nashville' for the rhythm, and 'Smoothlead' for the lead licks and solo. Both were done on my Hofner verythin archtop.

Ol "Smoothlead" to the rescue again-nice job Tim
Hofner arch top-thats a nice guitar-
I am considering a jazz box myself-Godin is making one now-under $1000

I'm very happy with the Hofner - it's really versatile for a £400 guitar and has a great range of tones (for MY level of playing at least!). There are some beautiful archtops out there at the moment though - most of which are out of my price range. I'll have a vintage Gretsch oneday though! And a Godin at that price sounds like something worth looking at...

Flash Harry

Fantastic track.

I've had a BR for about a year and had good results with a Godin Solidac and a 335 Dot.

I do have trouble with my acoustics though. I love the sound you got here.

Cheers

Harry.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.