"Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message."

Started by Geir, July 07, 2010, 05:01:08 AM

Geir

I get this message on every comment or new post I make these days. No matter how fast I am on the comments. If I try again it works ok. No big problem when commenting but when posting a new song it's a pian in the a$$. Is it just me or do others have the same problem.

I use IE v8.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

The site runs very slowly for me sometimes, but there's no pattern to it. Sometimes it takes ages for posts to appear, and sometimes it's instantaneous. Never had an actual time out though...

Gu Djin

Not a 100% sure - but if it's your browser, or your connection timing out, there should settings you can alter.  

My email service times out on me and there's no way to adjust that.  My solution is to write and prepare everything offline.  If you use outlook or similar you should be able to do that.

Though if your uploading a song it must be pain - though I don't see why that should haappen as the connection is made and constant during the upload.  Timeouts usually occur if the client can't make a connection - so strange?!?
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

I occaisionally get time outs on posting songs but it depends on time of day and how many users are on board. Oddly it always seems to work on the second try.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

Quote from: Willie Wendon on July 07, 2010, 05:46:15 AM,.......... Oddly it always seems to work on the second try. 
My experience too !! ... and I know when I now push "post" I'll have to do it again ... and it will work.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

It's because you rob the bandwidth from kindergarten children Geir! It's the Router Gods letting you know of their displeasure.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

Quote from: Flash Harry on July 07, 2010, 12:53:46 PMIt's because you rob the bandwidth from kindergarten children Geir! It's the Router Gods letting you know of their displeasure.
Those devilish kids have put on security now !!!   >:( >:( >:(
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

Just drive around the school 12 times very slowly, then stop in front of the smallest group of children that you see.

Roll down the passenger window, and start talking to them in a very low reassuring voice.

start like this:

Geir: Hey Kids do you want some candy?

Kids... who knows

Geir: I just want your security Key. I'll give you all the candy you want

Kids.... (running and screaming) Police Police Police

Geir: I know where you live, I'll just hang out in your yard and take your dad's unsecured internet.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR