HELP NEEDED with MBR export panning!!!

Started by hardlock, July 01, 2010, 09:19:28 PM

hardlock

I'm working with a stereo harmony track from my MBR which was exported with the panning set at only +/- 10 so the voices are close to center but still distinctly panned allowing a conversation effect back and forth with another track with the main vocal centered.  

Once in Audacity for editing, I found the tracks fully panned left/right and thought the software had messed it up until I played the original MP3 export and found it to be the same.  Evidently the MBR export messed it up? Or?  

Any ideas?  I've done extensive editing to the track in Audacity and hate to lose all the work if I can't restore the panning.  Audacity panning control only moves the entire stereo field from left to right and even if I separate the stereo tracks to two mono ones, the panning then just fades them out, not moves the position.....  I'm stuck....  :-[

Thanks!
Ken
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

hardlock

Opps, posted too fast.  I'll leave it however for anyone else using Audacity and having similar panning troubles. 

I found that if you take each stereo half track and duplicate it then combine them to make each half into a full stereo track, you can then pan them normally to get the desired percent.  :)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure