New Discoveries Take 2

Started by henwrench, July 01, 2010, 04:14:13 AM

cuthbert

Quote from: Flash Harry on July 02, 2010, 10:54:38 AMI will have to get my uke out. Maybe we need a ukefest.....
YES!!...please.  :) :D ;D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Gary F

I'll have to go with the 2nd version, I like the vocals better!!!
Good song Hen!!!
Gary

Jim1970

My Vote is #2 also!!

Love that UKE!!

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Yep - I think this one is the winner, but either one will play ball!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gritter

I like the first version better.

The first sounds more intimate and fragile coming from up the middle. The second version sounds bigger (surrounded in stereo) and cleaner but I prefer the "little guy back there with his uke" sound of the first.

mike

I have to agree with Gritter here.  The second one is definitely technically better but I prefer the homemade sound of the first one.   Both are great pieces though and up to your usual standard.  Could you tell me who you listen to as I'd be interested to know who influences your style of music.

Mike

Tangled Wires

Normally the first version of a particular song is the one I prefer, but I am torn here...I love em both, so will leave it at that.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

I'm torn too, damn it.  How about blending the two together.  Start off with the first, then paste the second version on to the end.  Then I can love them both equally in the one song.  Put a little crazy Uke solo in the middle between the versions.  That would be fun.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

As much as I love your production-skills, and this is a perfect example of those, I must agree with Sandy on this one. I prefer the first verison, due to it nakedness and the fact that the song doesn't really need anything more .... maybe just lift the vox a tad in the mix ..

Anyway both versions are great and I can hear this (first version) as the closing track on your next album !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

T.C. Elliott

Playing to a click and tightening up can't do much harm, can it? I like this version. It still has the essence of the song and sounds purty good.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London