Need My Baby Tonight

Started by Bluesberry, June 30, 2010, 06:30:08 PM

Bluesberry

Need My Baby Tonight (128)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one started by my son (8 yrs old) asking me why I don't put the word "baby" in my songs like Justin Bieber (Mr. Bieber is pretty big stuff with the 8 yr old crowd right now, his song "baby, baby, baby" is burning up the charts).  Ok I can do that.  The second inspiration was I pulled out my Les Paul for my Zappa-fest song, I haven't played it in a while.  It felt so damn good.  I was playing it a bit.  My last 3 songs were written with my acoustic so I decided to write this one with my LP.  It felt so good this song ended up kinda like a love song for my Les Paul, that was really what was in my mind.  If anybody asks I will tell them it was for my wife, but really it is a love song for my Les Paul, electric guitars in general and rock and roll.  It is really about how playing my guitar makes me feel. (I can tell you guys the truth  :D)

Need My Baby Tonight
words and music written by Dave Berry
recorded on Boss BR-1200 (drums from BR)
Gear: Les Paul, bass, organ (from GR-20)
Inspiration: my Les Paul

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gary F

Very catchy tune Dave! I like it a lot!! The LP sounds great!!
Good vocals and great playing!!!

Gary

Tony W

Now that's a Les Paul tribute. Great song, great inspiration Dave. I'm loving it. Every part is the music was so pro, and vox was spot on. The lead guitar was off the charts good. Even the damn bass was fantastic.

I'm a fan, downloaded, and ready for the drive to work tomorrow on the piepod.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Nelson

Your secret is safe with us.
This is one kick ass song my Man. Sounds like that LP is loving you back...sweet licks.

-Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Gnasty

Damn BB!! Awesome man!!

Another song i can relate to. My Les Paul is also my bestest friend and since i have an ex-wife, i don`t even have to lie to know i love my guitar.

Great solo you did with that and great bass. Your singing goes very well with this song. Very catchy!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Oh and also for the RECORD!!

If she was still around and i had the Les Paul...Guess what? I `d still love that guitar more!!

On the other hand...If this lovely woman was my wife, I`d have double LOVE!  :-*
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Redler

Nice and catchy pop rock song, Dave! On this type melody there have to be a word 'BABY' :) . Les Paul sounds great!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Top stuff!! And oh, yea that LP sounds awesome Baby...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

lg

This is great Dave!
I love the 60's Pop Rock feel to this.
This Baby is headed for my mp3 player....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!