glastonbury 2010

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 26, 2010, 04:49:52 AM

Oldrottenhead

been watching the coverage on the beeb and must say friday night was really boring even willie nelson was a disappointment. lets hope today is a bit better.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

I need to go to a festival, I need to lose myself in musical bliss, I need to take some drugs and be 19 again.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Bluesberry

Quote from: Flash Harry on June 26, 2010, 05:11:11 AMI need to go to a festival, I need to lose myself in musical bliss, I need to take some drugs and be 19 again.
Yea lets do it Flash, I'm with you.  I bet there are guys our age there this weekend doing just that and having the time of their lives, of course they won't remember a thing next week.  Sex, drugs and rock & roll, it would make for a great summer camp for adults, where do I sign up.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ides of March

I would love to go to a festival in England. I am so jealous of those that can go to Glastonbury. You guys get some good festivals over there.
www.reverbnation.com/scarlettlocks
www.myspace.com/mattmass01

henwrench

oh dear. Glastonbury.

I really feel like a rant, but I've learnt from past experience, that it would be a bad idea.
  So all I'll say is....
     Glastonbury. What a load of shite. Always has been, always will be. Fucking middle class wanna be hippies, packed in like pigs, acting like sheep, smelling like cows, looking like cocks. Life on the farm.... Dont'cha just love it? Wankers.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: henwrench on June 28, 2010, 03:07:09 AMoh dear. Glastonbury.

I really feel like a rant, but I've learnt from past experience, that it would be a bad idea.
  So all I'll say is....
     Glastonbury. What a load of shite. Always has been, always will be. Fucking middle class wanna be hippies, packed in like pigs, acting like sheep, smelling like cows, looking like cocks. Life on the farm.... Dont'cha just love it? Wankers.

henwrench
Hahahahahahahaahahaha I really love your perspective.  One thing you forgot to mention is all the young hippie-wanna-be-chicks, thats the image I want to keep in my head.  middle aged animal wankers is not too exciting an image.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: henwrench on June 28, 2010, 03:07:09 AMoh dear. Glastonbury.

So all I'll say is....

henwrench

Lol. I thought I was the only one who felt like this. I can come out of the closet now!

With Glastonbury, I always get the impression that the music is purely incidental. I work with the exact 20-something upper / middle-class demographic who get over-excited about 'Glasto' and book tickets without caring who is playing. It seems to be part of the social calendar for certain types of people. I just don't fit in with that type of crowd. Or crowds in general. Or people probably, lol.

Now, I fully accept that I'm a miserable old git with a massive working class chip on my shoulder, but I just don't get the attraction of it. I even hate the way it's presented on BBC, with presenters (usually) in their fucking designer wellies thinking that they're cool as fuck and oh-so-smug that they're 'backstage' with the acts. The more I think about it, the angrier I get!

I better go and have a lie down now...  :D

Bluesberry

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Greeny on June 28, 2010, 05:43:18 AMI just don't fit in with that type of crowd. Or crowds in general. Or people probably, lol.

Me neither  :D, and fully agree with all your other comments on this.

I only watched the Muse performance in full, which I doubt you did Greeny  ;)

recorder
Boss Micro BR