Quotes from Lennon on most of the Beatles songs

Started by Greeny, June 25, 2010, 03:41:54 AM

Greeny

I found this interesting. Just written quotes and snippets of John talking about who did what on the Beatles songs. And what he thinks about them. Funny how he just talks about some of them as 'throw away' songs!

I know there are a few more Beatles fans on here  :)

http://www.johnlennon.talktalk.net/page2.html

henwrench

Nice one, Green one.

I love this sort of stuff. It feeds my inner geek.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

hooper

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

cuthbert

A very informative and enjoyable read - I've read a few of these quotes in the past from various sources, but it's great to have them all together for easy reference. Of course, I've bookmarked it.

Thanks for posting this, Tim!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Satchwood

Very cool....   Please Lend Your Ears To My Pleas   ....   some great & interesting quotes!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Geir

Thanks Tim! I too love this stuff! Ineresting stuff and some of it quite, but not entirely, non-contradictive:

QuoteEven in the early days, we used to write things separately, because Paul was always more advanced than I was. His dad played the piano

Quote..........We wrote a lot of stuff together, one on one, eyeball to eyeball. ...........
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

ha:
Quote' Ticket To Ride ' . That was one of the earliest heavy-metal records made. Paul's contribution was the way Ringo played the drums.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Fascinating. If you haven't seen the film "Nowhere Boy", I suggest you do. A bit heavy on the fiction I suspect but it shows the start of the John and Paul relationship quite well and it echoes these words nicely.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Thanks for the heads up Greeny, loved the read, very informative the quote on Getting Better, really got to me.
recorder
Boss BR-80