How did you find the Songcrafters website?

Started by Redler, June 24, 2010, 12:31:00 PM

IanR

I joined in October 2009.  I was researching the Zoom HN4 recorder and was in a music shop looking it when the salesman pointed out the MBR.  I forgot about this and then went ahead and got the Zoom.  

So, after trying out the Zoom and not being satisfied, I remembered the MBR and so I looked on line to see if I could somehow justify getting one.  That was when I found this site.  I was really impressed by the level of enthusiasm for the MBR and I went out and bought one.

I have not looked back.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

dasilvasings

i found references on a website that contains a lot of information regarding music and other things:

www.google.com
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

I bought my Mbr in March 2009 along with my my Ovation acoustic which was one of  the greatest deals I did in my life. I did play with my Ovation alot but never got around to the Mbr till later that year because of work and other things.

Then in August of 2009 i decided i m gonna learn how to use this thing.
I started reading the manual, and well it tells you the right buttons to press i guess but i knew there was an easier way so i youtubed it and found a video with Pedro the founding owner of this site showing how to use it, and at the end of the video it gave out this website. I checked out this website, and not one to be heavy into these kind of websites i joined and  i ignored it for a while till i started listening to guys like greeny and Orh. I was also saying to myself. Who the hell is this demon faced guy named Osckilo with these great tunes..LOL

I then started to post questions on how to use this thing and alot of people helped, especially 64 guitars. That man knows his shit!
To make a long story short, i never imagined to meet so many great people( to name them all is hard right now and i don`t want to leave anyone out) and talent on here and to post the songs i did on here and for me even to get the balls to sing. i`ve done 3 songs singing now and collaborated with Launched and hopefully alot of you too in the future and you`ve all been great to me.

Anyways i`m glad i`m here and will be for a very long time .Even if i don`t post any songs. I`ll be posting my comments to the tremendous worldwide talent.

Thanks to Pedro for making this site and to Flash, 64, Orh, and cuth to keep it alive..Cheers! ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Migs

Hmmm.
I do a bit of travelling and it is too hard to lug around my Peavey amp and my multi effects pedal and a guitar.  So I wanted something very portable.  I also wanted some kind of multi-track recorder and drum machine.  The MBR ticked all of the boxes.

While researching, I think I stumbled apon a Youtube demo that pedro had made and backtracked to here (or whatever it was called back when I joined in March 2009).  I listened to some of Kody's stuff (where the hell is that lad?) and bought my MBR 4days later.

The diversity of music has been stunning from sensational colabs, to covers to amazing originals - that timeless classic ooompappa song of Geir's must come in for a special mention here.  I think I stopped listening to anything on the radio after I found this place and filled my iPod. 
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Bluesberry

I was getting bored of just jamming along to backing tracks with my Les Paul.  I was hankering for something more.  I went to the music store looking for a headphone amp and lucky for me the sales dude talked me into the microBR.  I took it home and pretty much only used it as a jamming tool, jamming along to the drums, simple stuff, nothing much.  More gear came and I shelved the damn thing for almost a full year.  I was looking for info on recording my own backing tracks and found this site (September 23, 2008).  I then remembered the damn mBR sitting in my drawer.  Pulled it out and with the help from reading threads on here I started to write a song, the first song I had ever written.  And put vocals down, first ever too, and then post it here, BANG that was it.  Greeny gave me a real nice comment on how the song sounded like the Band to his ears.  That was it for me, hooked, totally.  Wrote another, then another, so much great stuff posted on here to listen to.  This ORH character with all his wild songs about wild stuff, Greeny and his immaculate songs, etc...I couldn't stop.  I still can't.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

lg

I was told about this cool site by Holdempok!
He had decided we needed to upgrade our recording equipment....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

AndyR

I found an early incarnation of the site (or maybe 64's, not sure which) while I was researching the MBR in 2008 - probably in the summer or so. I'd been dabbling in recording on my laptop for a couple of years at least, but I don't get on so well with PC recording, I never seem to get anything achieved. So I was looking for another solution that was quicker and would help me get started and finished.

There was enough going on the site that I found for me to see that a) the BR range looked like a good bet, b) there was help from a user community if I were to need it... (but I wasn't really expecting to need it - I have a fair bit of experience from elsewhere, and I'm a technical author - so I'm "honour bound" to read user manuals, and I usually understand what they're getting at!)

I didn't get the MBR at the time - couldn't really justify it when I had Cakewalk on my PC, an outboard desk, compressor, etc, etc...

Then Christmas loomed that year and (much like right at the moment) my missus was fretting over what to get me and vice versa. We did our usual "ok let's set a budget" and then I said, "OK, what would you really like as a toy?". She wanted to try a digital camera, so we found one in budget (it's "mine" now, we bought her a better one the next year :D). And I remembered the MBR was about the same price. I dug out some printouts about it and gave them to her saying "not sure how much I'd use it, but it would be a great scratch-pad for songwriting maybe". She was convinced that was the pressie, so she got it.

Within hours on Christmas day I found out it was much, much more. After a couple of days I'd recorded Muletide. I also recorded some stuff to produce sound clips of Bare Knuckles Pickups to post on their user forum (As Long As The Price Is Right is on here).

Then I embarked on recording If We Should Sing Together. When it was finished I was pretty stoked about what I'd done and wanted to find somewhere to stick it and get some sort of approbation from like-minded folks... I suddenly remembered the site I'd found a few months earlier. I didn't realise it was the place I was after, I thought I might spot a link to what I wanted...

After a little hunting, I found it again. After a few hours exploring it became apparent that this was the place, so I joined (May 16 2009 apparently!) and posted the three "finished" MBR songs I had at the time. When I came back a few hours later I was utterly, UTTERLY astounded by the reaction I'd received from folks on here. I knew from what I'd read and listened to that it was a good place to be, but I felt so much welcome and affirmation that I was knocked sideways :).

I don't have enough time to be involved as I'd like on here. But like others in the same boat, I've discovered that it doesn't matter. I keep vague track of what's going on and join in when I can.

I'm so glad the site has survived its issues, and I'm especially grateful to the folks who stepped up to the plate to make sure it would keep running.

This is a special place for people who want to be creative musically. First, it gives you an understanding outlet for your fragile outpourings, and you get the approbation you so sorely need. But, just as important, it shows you that there are so many talented people out there, and so many different ways of going about it. It shows you that you're not alone, and that you've maybe got more to offer them than just the music you create yourself.

I love it :)

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

lg

I'm so glad the site has survived its issues, and I'm especially grateful to the folks who stepped up to the plate to make sure it would keep running.

I can't agree enough!
Thank you   ;)

LG   ;D ;D ;D

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!