ReverbNation MP3 Player

Started by 64Guitars, June 21, 2010, 11:58:21 AM

64Guitars

Update (2010-10-05): I've simplified the reverbnation player tags. The Artist_ID mentioned below is no longer required nor accepted. Instead, just put the Song_ID between the tags, like this:

[reverbnation]3158905[/reverbnation]

I've added a new MP3 Player widget for songs hosted at ReverbNation. To use it, click on the button in the message editor. The following code will be inserted into your message at the current cursor location:

[reverbnation=][/reverbnation]

You need to add two numbers to this code; your ReverbNation Artist_ID and the Song_ID. The Artist_ID number is placed inside the opening tag, immediately after the equal sign, and the Song_ID number is placed between the two tags.

[reverbnation=Artist_ID]Song_ID[/reverbnation]

How to find your Artist_ID and Song_ID at ReverbNation

• Go to your artist home page at ReverbNation and click on the "See All Songs" link.

• Look at the URL of this page in your web browser's address bar. It should look like this:

http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/549218

The number at the end of the URL (549218 in this example) is your Artist_ID. Type it into your Songcrafters message inside the opening reverbnation tag, immediately after the equal sign:

[reverbnation=549218][/reverbnation]

• In the ReverbNation song list, find the song you wish to post at Songcrafters and hover your mouse pointer over either the Download or the Buy link, whichever is available. The URL should be displayed on the status bar of your web browser. It should look like one of these:

http://www.reverbnation.com/controller/audio_player/download_song/3158905

or

http://www.reverbnation.com/store/store_for_song/3158905

The number at the end of the URL is your Song_ID. Type this number between the two [reverbnation] tags in your Songcrafter message.

[reverbnation=549218]3158905[/reverbnation]

Alternatively, you can right-click on the Download or Buy link at ReverbNation and select "Copy Link Location" to copy the URL to the clipboard. You can then paste the URL between the two [reverbnation] tags in your Songcrafter message. However, you must then delete everything except the Song_ID from this URL. You must have only the Song_ID number between the tags; not the whole URL.

That's it. You can now preview your message to see that the MP3 player is working, then post your message.

The resulting player for the above example looks like this:

By the way, if you like this song and want to comment on it or read more about it, see this message and topic:

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=5688.msg72312#msg72312

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

T.C. Elliott

This is a test.

[reverbnation]4353925[/reverbnation]

Okay, for those of you who do streaming only (ie, no download or buy options) After you click "See All Songs" go ahead and play the song you want with the little arrow on the song in your list. Then go to the upper right hand portion of your screen where it shows your song being played. Either pause it or listen to it, but either way if you hover over the pause/play button it will show you the X option and another option immediately to it's left. If you click that it gives you a direct link with the songs number near the end of the line. Or you can go ahead and click buy song and another page will come up with the song number on it, but won't allow you to buy it (cuz you don't have it for sale.)

BTW, anyone who doesn't have a Reverbnation account, this is a free and very  useful tool to have. It does take a little time to figure out how to embed etc, but it isn't hard. I figured it out in about 20 minutes on my blog where I post my song a week entries.

Thanks 64... this is awesome.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

64Guitars

Thanks for the info on streaming only, TC. I had a look at your ReverbNation page and I found an even faster way to get to that same Share Song popup from which you can get the Song_ID number. In the song list, simply click the "Share" link below the desired song. The Share Song box will appear. Click in the link displayed at the bottom and press the End key on your keyboard to move the cursor to the end of the URL. You should then be able to see the Song_ID and you can highlight it with the mouse or keyboard and copy it to the clipboard. Then you can paste it between the [reverbnation] tags in your Songcrafters message.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

I've simplified the reverbnation player tags. The artist ID is no longer required nor accepted. Instead, just put the song ID between the tags, like this:

I've updated all existing messages to remove the artist ID. If you've used the reverbnation player in the past, you should check your posts to make sure the player still works, just in case I made a mistake when updating the message.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

cuthbert

Thanks, 64G - this makes the Reverbnation player much easier to use!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Nelson

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Oldrottenhead

i can hear yourstuff now nelson yippee
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

I can't believe that worked 64! I did it by accident earlier, then decided to do it right!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR