chasing pennies by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 21, 2010, 05:57:30 AM

Oldrottenhead

chasing pennies
Time:
0:00
Volume:
just back from work, was away from home on fathers day, back to an empty house kids at school wife at work , so got the microbr out. might take this one further not sure yet. is very basic, one bass track, two rhythm guitar tracks and one vox, and mbr drums done on the fly.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

First up, great tone on the guitars! I can relate to these lyrics big time. Such a well concieved and executed song. The vocals are excellent, and there are some beautiful chord changes in there. You should stick some juno on here too. It's a belter!

Gu Djin

If you want to be prosaic - you could retitle this as "my diary".  I reckon keeping this simple has a lot going for it.  All you would is add embelishments that would disguise the truth of the song.  Nice.  

If I would change anything it would be the drums.  I think they need a a little variation, but there again I know nothing about anything and even less about percussion.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Oldrottenhead

never been able to master the br drums.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Mmmm this is pure sweetness, Jim!!

I think you should go all the way with this one. It sounds really good and the lyrics are awesome.

Do it up!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Jim1970

Sounds Awesome even on my Laptop Speakers!!!
You have a real gem here!! 

Thanks for Sharing!!
JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

This is a keeper, vox excellent as usual and the guitars sound great too, drums maybe a little to high in the mix and would change to STD 1 or something a little lighter, other than that this is great work.
recorder
Boss BR-80

launched

PENNIES2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hey Jim, I put some patterns together for you. I'll put the ARRANGE3.BR1 file up too, so you can tweak it more later.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched

recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

magic mark listening on crappy speakers but sounds a million times better cheers bro
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann