Back In This Cold House:- With Video

Started by OsCKilO, June 13, 2010, 05:37:51 PM

IanR

Quote from: OsCKilO on June 13, 2010, 05:37:51 PMSorry about the quality...

Man. if only I had half the talent and mastery of the recording euipment.

Thanks for sharing such a great song with us.  I really enjoyed it.  

The guitar was equally important to the sound and balanced the mood of the words very nicely.  I liked how you cut it all off before the repetitious parts became too repetitious.  Nothing worse than a song that goes on too long.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

T.C. Elliott

The performance really carries this song. It's a good song with lots of possibilities and I can hear a really cool full arrangement in my head. But it's the performance on this one that makes it so good.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Gu Djin

Someone earlier said masterpiece, while I wouldn't disagree, I think I prefer the epithet "this is where a classic has begun".
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Tangled Wires

Too good this!!

If I hadn't seen who it was by, I may not have known it was you Tharek, your vocal on this, whilst different from usual, is absolutely top drawer and the higher register you have sung in here now leaves me hoping that we are going to hear more like this from you in this style.

Fabulous song and performance...as ever!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

djbride

Wonderful piece of songwriting.
One take recording it is amazing you put so much emotion into your singing and playing.
Lyrics are very visual.
Outstanding work.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

tom r

bloody wonderful stuff Osk. I just love it. The guitar is lovely. Really powerful vocals. This is going on my playlist n I'm gonna get my Guild out of its case and do some playing.

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

OsCKilO

Thanks Guys!!!

Tried to sing this yesterday at a live set with hayfever... Bad move....LOL!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Nelson

Yeah T, this is a great song but it sounds like a tough song to sing.
I don't know if you rehearsed it a lot but sometime you have to sing it over and over. Maybe changing some phrasings to account for air and you may have to change the key to something more comfortable to your vocal cords.
Lately I've been writing songs with as much creativity as I can muster and then I immediately create an arrangement that I can sing comfortably with just my guitar and sitting on a stool.
Don't get me wrong I've yet to perform an open mic set but hey, I'm working on it.
man, I'm such a Chicken Sh*t. :D
By the way, love that picking.
-Nelson

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

OsCKilO

You'll be fine on stage Nelson Bro! I can sense it!

As for this song, I was alright until a couple of days ago....

Then the high pollen count kicked in..... Had a bad chest, throat and nose since..
I Would take a Hayfever remedy, but I get all funny on them...

Allergies suck....LOL.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR