Still Around!!!!

Started by galestermusic, June 11, 2010, 05:28:17 AM

galestermusic

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let all know I'm still around, I check in from time to time. A lot of new and great talent on here!

This last year has been really crazy! I call it the year of the knife. :) August of last year, I had the throat surgery. Then had really bad problems with some medications. Had a freak heart attack November 13th. Yes it was a Friday. March 24th had my shoulder surgery and found out at my last vist my shoulde will probably need replaced in a few years. And last Wed had to have my gallbladder removed. Whew!!! lol

Ive been playing on my Taylor and I have so many Ideas that flood me I cant even focus on them lol. And I get sometimes where I just dont want to do anything, not sometimes but a lot.

I've been looking at the Boss 900cd and then I saw the 800.

So I have a question for all. If you could choose between these two units which one would you get. I'm leaning towards the 800 because of its versatility between a standalone recarder and DAW.

Thats what has been going on gang!

Greg

Hi Greg, man you've been having a rough patch, glad to see it hasn't knocked your enthusiasm for music too much. I have a BR900cd which I'm still only scratching the surface of it's potential. I don't know about the new 800 but I bet 64guitars has all the details somewhere on this site. All the best for the future. Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Great to hear from you Greg.  If it were me starting over, I would get the 800 without doubt.  The 800 looks like the perfect home recording kit to me, it wins over the 900CD in my opinion.

Not sure if you saw this or not.  We had a thread about the new 800's:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=6710.0

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Saijinn Maas

Hey Greg! Well, it does look like a lot has happened in a year. Hope things are getting better and your recovery goes well.

I am SO looking forward to the BR-800! It just seems so much more complete than the other models. And to be both a stand alone and a controller for DAW is an incredibly awesome feature to me. I am most likely gonna pick one up as soon as they are available. 

Oldrottenhead

good to here from you greg, hope all is well. if i had the bucks id go for the 800
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Hey Greg - Glad you're out of the woods with the knives... Maybe you ought to write about some of the experiences.

The 800 is something I would own if I had the money. The 4 simultaneous inputs and the DAW interface would be a treat. Not that I need 4 simultaneous inputs, but two inputs that you can control however you want without needing a mixer is very appealing. But all in all I'm pretty happy with my MBR, so I won't lose any sleep.

Take care!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SE

Nice to hear you back hope you on the mend, hope you get posting soon.
recorder
Boss BR-80

cuthbert

Yowch, and I thought breaking my leg was a pretty big deal at the time  ::) (9 years ago)...glad to hear you're on the mend!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ferryman

Greg, I'm in deep lurk here but just saw this post and wanted to wish you well and say it's good to see you around here and keep playing music!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gary F

Hey Greg, I hope the days ahead will be better for you than the past year!!
I would love hear some new music from you. My favorite of yours is All My Imperfections,great style!!
Take care bro !!!

Gary