World Cup 2010

Started by henwrench, June 11, 2010, 03:02:53 AM

upsetminded

Italy not only eliminated but bottom of their group....One point behind New Zealand ???
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

Greeny

Italy ended up fighting in the net!

alfstone

We all, in Italy, knew BEFORE that it would have gone this way.

Disappointment of course, but not a great surprise for us.

In World Cup 1986, after winning the World Cup 4 years before, the trainer, was Bearzot, as a gratitude with the former "champions", brought them again, and the result was something like today.

This time, same old story again. Lippi brought to South Africa many of the "champions" of Berlin, BUT most of them were too old (Cannavaro, Gattuso), or were playing in teams that went very bad in this year's Serie A (Juventus, Milan), or came from muscle accidents (Camoranesi, Pirlo, Iaquinta), ignoring for instance a big number of young players from teams that had done very well this year.

For instance, I live in Palermo, our team (mostly of Italian players) was 5th in the championship (Uruguay's Cavani, Australia's Bresciano, Argentina's Pastore and Denmark's Kjaer play here), but NO one of the Italian players was chosen. And the same for other teams.

So, no surprise at all...  :)

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Tangled Wires

Japan looked really good tonight, wiped the floor with the Danes.

As for England, I tend to pessimistic which means I don't get too disappointed when we get knocked out of major tournaments, but I would love to be proved wrong, although with the potential fixtures ahead I ain't so sure.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Migs

Quote from: alfstone on June 24, 2010, 11:02:09 AMWe all, in Italy, knew BEFORE that it would have gone this way.

Disappointment of course, bit not a great surprise for us.

You were pretty lucky last world cup too, getting the penalty for the dive you took against Australia.

Its a weird cup this year.  I still don't know who will win.
The teams from the Asian region are all doing surprisingly well compared to the traditional favourites.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

alfstone

Quote from: Migs on June 24, 2010, 04:32:01 PM
Quote from: alfstone on June 24, 2010, 11:02:09 AMWe all, in Italy, knew BEFORE that it would have gone this way.

Disappointment of course, bit not a great surprise for us.

You were pretty lucky last world cup too, getting the penalty for the dive you took against Australia.

...still burning, I see... ;D

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Greeny

Disappointment of course, but not a great surprise for us.

England will most probably be going out on Sunday. And then the inquests will begin in France, Italy and England. I'm not sure the big European teams have quite grasped how dominant the South American teams are at the moment, and how teams like Japan are tearing up the rule book for World football.

upsetminded

Brazil and Portugal kick off in another hour here.  I work in little Portugal in Toronto.  So between the G8/G20 Summit and the partying that is going on after this game.  It doesn't matter who wins I'm in for a long drive home. :'(
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

Gnasty

Quote from: upsetminded on June 25, 2010, 06:55:05 AMBrazil and Portugal kick off in another hour here.  I work in little Portugal in Toronto.  So between the G8/G20 Summit and the partying that is going on after this game.  It doesn't matter who wins I'm in for a long drive home. :'(

I feel for ya upset. I saw what happened today at the G20 and was disgusted by both sides of what happened. Theres alot involved in that matter, but certain things that i don`t want to get into that just piss me right off.
Anyway, i`m just on for the first time literally in days listening to all of your tunes. LOve it! Getting ready for the Germany-England game in the morning.

May the best Germany...i mean team win! ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity