World Cup 2010

Started by henwrench, June 11, 2010, 03:02:53 AM

upsetminded

Even though I posted the joke (which was pretty great :D) I will be hoping for England today as much as the rest.  I am from Canada (a country who never qualifies) but I grew up watching the Premier League every weekend because it was the only footy we had on TV.  So, go England!!

I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

upsetminded

2nd Half 1 nil for England!!!  No score US game

Greeny

England did it. Just. My nerves are shattered!

But USA win the group with an injury time goal! USA and England through. Just have to wait to see who England have to play on Sunday...

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

upsetminded

Uh oh...England vs Germany...I guess whatever the outcome it's going to be a great match.

Greeny

Quote from: upsetminded on June 24, 2010, 06:35:48 AMUh oh...England vs Germany...I guess whatever the outcome it's going to be a great match.

It's a tricky one, for sure. With a lot of history. This is probably one of the worst German teams for a long time, but England aren't exactly looking good at the moment. Almost too close to call.

England have a very tricky route from now on. The probable opponents will be:

Germany, then Argentina and then Spain in the semis. That just leaves a final against Brazil!

Hm.... not great odds on us going all the way.

henwrench

Quote from: Greeny on June 24, 2010, 06:53:21 AMHm.... not great odds on us going all the way.

I know, we soooooo should have won our group, but I reckon we've thrown it away now.... oh well, never say never I guess....

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SteveB

Quote from: Greeny on June 24, 2010, 06:53:21 AMThe probable opponents will be: Germany, then Argentina and then Spain in the semis. That just leaves a final against Brazil!

Sh*t. Guess I chose the wrong tournament to have my hair dyed Red & White & Blue for.  :'(
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

upsetminded

Whoa Italy losing at the half?  It is possible they could be eliminated if New Zealand can pull off a tie right?