World Cup 2010

Started by henwrench, June 11, 2010, 03:02:53 AM

SteveB

Quote from: Gnasty on June 27, 2010, 12:04:59 AMMay the best Germany...i mean team win! ;D

Well, Gnasty, the better team did win. I hope they win the cup, then at least the woeful England were beaten by the World's best.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Gnasty

Okay i just have to say that the goal should of counted for England before the half. But my question is why they don`t have video replay?? If this is the World`s game like they say, why are they behind the times. Almost every sport nowadays has it!!

In my opinion, Germany kicked butt. It looked like England was mentally there but physically they looked drained. Like any sport you need young guys in this era of any sport now. The talent is better and the game is faster than it was 10 to 20 years ago. Why didn`t England have a couple younger guys? They have to get experience somehow.

ANyways, all in all it was a great game to watch :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Migs

They can't go on without using a video ref any longer.  It is ruining the sport.
At least both Germany and Argentina clearly deserved to win.  If the games/teams were close it would have been worse.

The Germans fielded their National under 21 team and played all over England.  The Argentina game was VERY entertaining.  Pity one game was at midnight and the other at 4am here.  Going to be a long day at work today.

... and after the World Cup we have le Tour de France to keep me awake all night.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Gnasty

QuotePity one game was at midnight and the other at 4am here.

Dude... you need to get a PVR so you can watch when you want.
Just make sure no one tells you the scores. ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Greeny

England went out with barely a whimper. Pathetic doesn't even begin to cover it.

And what do you do when you're 3 goals down and desperate for goals? Take off Defoe and bring on Heskey. Hm... that'll work! Just shows that Capello has had his head up his arse for the whole of this tournament.

Oh well. Only have to wait another 4 years until the next disappointment!

henwrench

Quote from: Greeny on June 28, 2010, 02:18:01 AMEngland went out with barely a whimper. Pathetic doesn't even begin to cover it.

Just shows that Capello has had his head up his arse for the whole of this tournament.

Yep.
      Sack Capello. Before the tournament he claimed he was only going to pick players who were in form and fully fit. He did neither. All mouth and no trousers. He played virtually the same team that was running out for Sven 4 years ago. Have we learnt nothing? It appears so.
    Capello didn't want to win the World Cup. He was too interested in picking 'names' over ability. Wayne Rooney? Who? Hardly touched the ball, should've been dropped after the first game, but that Italian bloke didn't have the balls.

I could go on and on and on....

...but I won't!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Oh, yea...

I heard they've called for a public Holiday today in Scotland.  ;D ;D

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

we have nothing to cheer about in scotland with our bunch of no names. i think we have the same problems as england do tho. league clubs comes first and international team is way down the list of priorities. like the england managers post the scottish managers post is also a poisoned chalice, it's more than the manager that should be the scapegoat.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

upsetminded

Terry was sooo slow.  Actually none of England's defense could keep up with Germany.  Shows that some youth need to be picked to play for England rather than just the big names.  And Rooney...Well he did next to nothing in Premier League this year as well so I expected him to perform the way he did.  The goal not counted would have been an issue for me if Germany didn't display such dominance.
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

Migs

Quote from: Gnasty on June 27, 2010, 07:30:20 PM
QuotePity one game was at midnight and the other at 4am here.
Dude... you need to get a PVR so you can watch when you want.
Just make sure no one tells you the scores. ;D

Here's the thing, I had a Topfield PVR and never found watching a recorded game in any sport the same for some reason... even if I didn't know the score.

The chances of me not hearing a result are remote at best.  I am in front of a computer all day and have to keep up with news so couldn't avoid it.

Anyway this leaves only one question.  Brazil or Argentina ?
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !