World Cup 2010

Started by henwrench, June 11, 2010, 03:02:53 AM

chapperz66

Ah -you are talking about Rugby only wearing armour and throwing the ball forward aren't you?   ;)

Gritter

Quote from: chapperz66 on June 11, 2010, 11:51:06 AMAh -you are talking about Rugby only wearing armour and throwing the ball forward aren't you?   ;)

And some strategy and thought process involved.  ;)

chapperz66

Quote from: Gritter on June 11, 2010, 12:01:10 PM
Quote from: chapperz66 on June 11, 2010, 11:51:06 AMAh -you are talking about Rugby only wearing armour and throwing the ball forward aren't you?   ;)

And some strategy and thought process involved.  ;)

MMMM.  Clearly you don't expect me to agree - but having said that, I have to admit that I don't mind watching American football.  I certainly prefer it to what most of my countrymen - and indeed most of the world - call football.  I also think that your point about the salaries involved is totally correct.  Rugby Union in the UK has only been "professional" for a few years and whilst it has undoubtedly led to fitter and arguably more skilled players, I honestly don't think that money has improved the game overall.  Professionalism all too often equates to cheating.

chapperz66

Oh - and we don't get too many scantly dresssed females on the sidelines.  It's too bloody cold most of the time.  If we're lucky we get some poor fool dressed up as an animal....

Gritter

Quote from: chapperz66 on June 11, 2010, 01:39:13 PMOh - and we don't get too many scantly dresssed females on the sidelines.  It's too bloody cold most of the time.  If we're lucky we get some poor fool dressed up as an animal....

lol  ;D

Our BC Lions have played indoors for years but this year is especially exciting as they are moving to a more intimate outdoor stadium while the indoor one gets fitted with a retractable roof. The stands should be filled for every game and you can't beat Vancover's summer weather. (our season goes July to November). I'm excited...our "felions" as the cheerleaders are called are pretty sweet, though we also have a guy (or girl) dressed in a fuzzy lion costume...and a nutcase with a drum and a mallet.

henwrench

World Cup 2010...... round ball..... KICK with FEET hence FOOT - BALL. Dear me, you egg-chasers have so much to learn.... :(

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Quote from: henwrench on June 11, 2010, 03:25:46 PMWorld Cup 2010...... round ball..... KICK with FEET hence FOOT - BALL. Dear me, you egg-chasers have so much to learn.... :(

henwrench

Hear, hear (even after watching France v Uruguay!!)

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Quote from: andrewh on June 11, 2010, 03:31:26 PMHear, hear (even after watching France v Uruguay!!)

HA HA yea it was shit wasn't it? thats why i wrote, recorded and posted a new tune!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Second game was,nt very good but the SA v Mexico game was a cracker, by the way what do all our friends across the Atlantic do when all there ladies are playing their version of football.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Black Mary

Unofficial World Cup fest. Bagsy doin Easy Easy, by the Scotland 1974 squad. It's a Bay City Roller reject classic. Yabba Dabba Doo, We support the boys in blue, and it's .... (singalong now)
Ring a ding a ding we've got Willie on the wing. God it's great. I'm gonna feckin do it
kingliggermusic