After the Storm

Started by Gu Djin, June 10, 2010, 12:43:37 AM

Gu Djin

afterthestorm
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I'm going to be off line all of next week - not ignoring you all just not connected.

I thought I'd leave this little instrumental for you.  It actually has a relevance to "You didn't see me cry", which I've just pushed off the front page.  In many ways they are closely related.  Both arebased on a single chord  A5. 

I thought I'd lost this due to hard disc crash and idleness in backing up - But I'd forgotten I'd posted it on Sound Click.  It's one of a series of three.

Cheers!  See you when I get back
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Hi, I think the title fits this song perfectly, I can almost feel the heavy atmosphere and smell the wet grass. I like this a lot.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Gary F

Very peaceful and relaxing tune!!
Nice!!!
Gary

SE

Really nice sounding guitar and the single chord accompaniment is cool, great listen.
recorder
Boss BR-80

joedonner2001

I really like this a lot.  But I would try to bring the background and foreground parts a bit more in line in terms of volume.  I thought the background picking part gets lost to some extent, which is a pity because I find it intriguing.

Anyway - really great song!  Reminds me of those billowing summer evening thunder storm clouds in Kenya.  Magic..!

Satchwood

CooL rainbow forming instro.!!  I agree, bring that rhythm guitar up in the mix, sounds cooL~nice after glow kind of vibe.!.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Nelson

A smooth piece and Outstanding arrangement.
Clean production.
Well Done

-Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Redler

I really like the mood of this song - sounds so peaceful and relaxing. I like the production, too.

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gu Djin

I'm - back!  For good - or - bad, we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks to all who had a listen to my little instrumental.  

And to Wllie Wendon, Gary F, Side Effect, Joedonner2001, Satchwood, Nelson and Redner for finding the time to comment.  Much appreciated by me and my ancient Guild Starfire that made most of the sounds on this.
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Greeny

I like this a lot. Kind of dreamy psychedelia. There's a definite sitar-like quality to the underlying drone and Indian-influenced scale on the lead. It's beautiful.