where do you get your gear

Started by beleg, September 12, 2008, 08:57:05 AM

beleg

I have been buying allot of great stuff off of cragslist, but I am wondering where do you guys get your instruments and other musical gear

map of music stores around the world, careful takes forever to load.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=105727269775588973601.00044c3b380133d76e05b&ll=39.909736,-42.890625&spn=89.500251,207.421875&z=2&source=embed

Greeny

When you're in (or around) London, it's easy... Denmark Street is wall-to-wall guitar heaven. Even if you're not buying, it's fun just to gaze at the new and vintage guitars there. Rose-Morris music is pretty good for most things - I got my BR there.

AlchemyMN

I reluctantly shop at Guitar Center when I must, but I go on-line at MusiciansFriend.com for supplies.  I prefer to shop at Willies American Guitars, The Podium, and American Guitar Boutique here in Minneapolis for the serious gear... a nice mix of vintage, new, and boutique.

Farmjazz

I shop locally as much as possible. The music stores/dealers around here will always match the big-box store prices, or beat them. Not only that, but it helps me to network with real, local musicians. Also, it pays to develop a good relationship with local guitar retailers and luthiers in case you need some work done on your instruments.

In the last two years I've purchased 3 guitars and 1 mandolin. All from music dealers in a nearby town. Nothing super exotic, just good practical gear that I needed.

AlchemyMN