Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: holdempok on January 25, 2009, 04:44:17 PMManager of operations 14+ years

www.spring-fill.com

we manufacture decrotive shredded crinkled paper and products for the gift basket industry. It is a very seasonal business but profitable with low over head.  next month will will be meeting with our only competor in the UK and try to develop a realtionship to work together and offer more than what is already there.

Hope you get a visit to oversee operations this side of the Atlantic!  :)

holdempok

You will be definately on the tour list when it happens.
Why don't we do it on the road?

StevieM

Right, quick rundown. But first-------------SteveG. No way are you a 'thicko', don't you dare put yourself down, or I'll be round to sort you out >:(

Left school at 15, supermarket butchery dept, merchant navy, welding/sheet metal work, mn again, sales at a boatyard, retail sales shop manager ( hated it), rep ( absolutely dested it), painter/decorator/carpenter, last 10 yrs or so woodturner and generally making wooden stuff. Bugger all money in it, making mainly medieval stuff for medieval money, but doing what I want to do where I want to live. Apart from not enough time for music!!!!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Wiley

I have been many things. LOL.  A part time waitress.  Played on the road in US 3 years.  Loved that many years ago.   Moved to Michigan painted on rocks  ( had a good business going) moved to Iowa bought a restaruant and went broke.  Good thing my husband loves me. LOL. Thinks you guys are nuts when I tell him how I love all your songs.   He just shakes his head.  Love all you guys even though I don't know you.  Some day I will tell you the trumpet story. LOLOLOL
 P.J. alias Wiley

Oldrottenhead

QuoteSome day I will tell you the trumpet story. LOLOLOL
 P.J. alias Wiley
you've peaked my interest.  i have an incredibly dirty mind . so whats the story.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 30, 2009, 07:40:00 PM
QuoteSome day I will tell you the trumpet story. LOLOLOL
 P.J. alias Wiley
you've peaked my interest.  i have an incredibly dirty mind . so whats the story.

There once was a man from Nantucket, who liked to play leapfrog with trumpet?!? :o  My mind is riddled with filthy debauchery as well, please do tell.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Wiley

Nothing as colorful as you are thinking.  But here it is.
MY neighbor and myself had a duo in Michigan.  Played locally etc. I had a TS4-K  drum machine played rythnms etc. with feet.  Anyway my husband said he used to play trumpet in high school.  So we bought a 380 dollar trumpet so he could play with us.   I used a keyboard and figured out the notes for him on an old Johnny Cash song. Ring of Fire  has the trumpet parts.  Anyway he said he couldn't read the notes as the way I put them down.   A B C F G  whatever.  He wanted them wrote out like music.  So I did this. Then he said but I don't know if they are 8th notes qtr. notes etc. I said to him can't you hear ta ta ta ta ta ta ta.  He said no!!! I asked him what his postiion was in high school band and he said he was first chair trumpet player.  I asked how many were there He said 3.  No wonder he was first doesn't take to many.  He cannot play anymore. LOL We almost go divorced before we got married over a silly trumpet.  Now it is just a joke  And I just bought a coronet a week ago on an aution. What a Ninny am I.  Maybe I can learn to play it.  He still glares at me when I tell people of the trumpet and his playing.  Oh the trumpet stayed in Mi. when we moved.  LOL
P.J.

3guitarsEddy

StevieG my heart goes out to you, I was laid off a total of 4 times but each time I've managed to get another job. The last when I was 59 years young so good luck.

My present job is Managing a warehouse for a small distributing co where I also set valves for boilers and luckily so far we have not seen any sign of falling orders.

I now look forward to my pension days where I shall be able to strum all day without the need of having to work.

Keep on Strumming

Eddy.