Day Job

Started by beleg, September 12, 2008, 07:43:30 AM

marcus_gloom

I write reports for the government for now.

Planning to return to my real field, physical therapy, this year.

SteveG

Guess I am the thickie here then. Did work in Electronics, but got made redundant, moved to London and took what was meant to be a short term job as a motorcycle courier. Joined a MC bike club and basically dropped out for 15 yrs. Was fun, and I dont regret it, but left me basically unskilled.
Now working in a factory ... which I hate ... and about to be made redundant again by the looks. Fun times :(

Kody

I was an Auto Detailer for quite a while untill I decided to go back to school last August to become a music teacher. So I'll be a full time student for 3 more years.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

bydle

I work in a travel agency at reservation desk and used to work in IT before. And it's quite interesting what you say beleg as there is only one programmer I know that plays an instrument. Well maybe two. Most of them doesn't. And I know quite a lot of them...

Dmann

I am self employed, own my own small buisness, and have an ongoing indefinate contract doing commercial carpet & upholstery cleaning for the world's largest oil company, Encana.

steveblues50

self employed with wife in a decorating business.very "lucky" to live in a place that has become quite desirable to the more affluent.i'm a high school dropout who would be screwed if it wern't for a geographic fluke of living on a virtual island with a real shortage of "working class" folk.

Glenn Mitchell

I'm a residential designer using Softplan (Like Hooper).
I used to build custom homes until I got too old (Or wise) to ridge walk.
I gave up my share in a Cessna 172 for a Honda VTX 1300 a few years ago.
I did the band thing in High school (Beatles and 60's/70's top 40) and recently joined a funk/soul/R&B band of 12.
Now mostly I love to write and record at home.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

lg

I Have been in the flexible packaging industry for the past 33 years.
Printing presses, and printing plates, and recently converting the printed material substrate to a finished package.
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

robthebldr

Hi All,
I am in the Residential Construction business.
Design (Softplan) & Construction Manager for a small locally owned custom builder.
 After seeing the post of hooper & M Glenn M , I couldn't resist making this my first post on this forum.

Due to the economy I have had alot more time to practice my guitar.

holdempok

Manager of operations 14+ years

www.spring-fill.com

we manufacture decrotive shredded crinkled paper and products for the gift basket industry. It is a very seasonal business but profitable with low over head.  next month will will be meeting with our only competor in the UK and try to develop a realtionship to work together and offer more than what is already there.

Why don't we do it on the road?