Day Job

Started by beleg, September 12, 2008, 07:43:30 AM

Greeny

Quote from: hooper on September 16, 2008, 11:34:25 AMThings are kinda slow right now though...

Tough times, and getting tougher. Losing ourselves in the guitar will help keep us all sane though.

Rata-tat-tat

I've a Video Teleconferencing Technician for the last 4 years. I also achieved my Master Machinist and Welding certificates prior to an injury which led me to crosstrain. Music has been my passion ever since I can remember... I wish I was good enough to make a living at it. LOL

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

beleg

powertriptod,
              Did you ever use your welding skills to try and build an instrument?

hewhoiscalledj

I'm an insurance broker for group life, health, property and casualty. By night, I'm a band nerd trying to learn how to record better. 

alitivity

After I left the road, and had to get a real job, I messed around for a while before becoming a Class A Diemaker, and eventuall a Maintence Supervisor in a Steel Mill.

Flash Harry

I am a technical consultant for an IT services company. My job is to provide technical advice to a City Council. And to fix stuff when it goes wrong.

I never take my hobby to work.... Ever.....

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Prive

I'm an electronic tech and electronics became my hobby cause i've spend the last 20 years playing my guitar and singin as a job, but 18 months ago i reversed the situation, now i'm a bedroom musician just as a hobby and i work like electronic tech for a induction heating company.

Sorry about my english, i feel like Tarzan ;)
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Rata-tat-tat

Beleg,

Funny you should ask... I'm currently trying to get a patent on a Drum Kit rack system that I have been working on for a while. So yes... I guess you could say I've used those skills. Most of my life I've dedicated myself far too much to the job to really get into the stuff I love doing. Since I was injured I took a look at what I was doing to myself and decided to try to chase my dreams rather than go through life making someone elses happen. Just my take on life!!! I don't always make the right choices; however, I find it much more satisfying to do the things that make me happy.

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

I'm a heating and air conditioning tech.

alitivity

Quote from: powertriptod on October 25, 2008, 01:09:48 PMBeleg,

Funny you should ask... I'm currently trying to get a patent on a Drum Kit rack system that I have been working on for a while. So yes... I guess you could say I've used those skills. Most of my life I've dedicated myself far too much to the job to really get into the stuff I love doing. Since I was injured I took a look at what I was doing to myself and decided to try to chase my dreams rather than go through life making someone elses happen. Just my take on life!!! I don't always make the right choices; however, I find it much more satisfying to do the things that make me happy.

V/R

Tod

If you want to sponsor any drummers with your rck system let me know. I know a few that would probably be happy to represent.