Day Job

Started by beleg, September 12, 2008, 07:43:30 AM

beleg

I am curious what you do for a living. The reason I ask is because a large number of the computer programmers (including myself) who work at my office also play an instrument and I am wondering what other professions attract  musicians. 

Oldrottenhead

i am a social care worker, working with adults with learning difficulties, in particular adults with aspergers syndrome.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

repairman-telephone cables and related services
rain, sun or snow-people got to talk, surf and watch tv

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

AlchemyMN

Chemical Engineer, Lean SiX SiGma Consultant for Fortune 100 company.

Greeny

I work in the shallowest profession there is: advertising and marketing. Pays the bills though.

ianjm

Im a hand dipper in the pottery industry  (not many of us left)

64Guitars

Quote from: ianjm on September 15, 2008, 07:30:37 PMIm a hand dipper in the pottery industry  (not many of us left)

Looking at LesPaulGoldTop's picture in the message above yours, I'd have thought he was a hand dipper in the caustic chemical industry;D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Farmjazz

QuoteI'd have thought he was a hand dipper in the caustic chemical industry.

Ha! Very funny 64Guitars!

My band members are made up of 2 teachers, a physical therapist, a civil engineer, and a website designer/programmer. We're all hobby homesteaders as well. Lots of fresh veggies and fruit right now!

Greeny

Quote from: 64Guitars on September 15, 2008, 08:29:05 PM
Quote from: ianjm on September 15, 2008, 07:30:37 PMIm a hand dipper in the pottery industry  (not many of us left)

Looking at LesPaulGoldTop's picture in the message above yours, I'd have thought he was a hand dipper in the caustic chemical industry;D

Or flayed alive by demanding corporate clients... !

hooper

I'm the Design & Estimating guy for a small residential construction company.  Spend 40-50 hours a week with my head stuck inside a computer doing CAD or spreadsheets. Things are kinda slow right now though...

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE