A shuffle for Satchwood

Started by Blooby, June 05, 2010, 11:02:23 AM

Blooby

Bruce Johnson - Shuffle
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Satch commented about my major scale playing, so I dug up (perhaps the last from the archives) this shuffle in (gasp) a minor key.  I definitely can't play as freely in minor, and I guess I should say it's not where my heart is.  When MoO comes to a "Born Under a Bad Sign," "Stormy Monday," "Whipping Post," or any number of other minor key tunes, I tend to tense up a bit (no matter how much I love those tunes...and I do.).

It's something I work on (or perhaps I should say it's something of which I'm cognizant). Even this offering has some major/minor ambiguity is some spots.

This is (I think) the last of a set of tunes I found on a work jump drive.  They date back about five years to when I first got my BR-1600.

After a few hours of work, I'm going to go home in a bit to attempt to fix my computer this now. Profanity to follow shortly thereafter.

Blooby

Jim1970

Some Cool Smokin Lead work!!
Tone sounds awesome!!

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Ahh yes, the `Satchwood `Shuffle,., yours sounds a tad cleaner then my version :~)

Your playing sounds great `Bloobster!!  You still seem to fit in major scales anyways, how do you do that...ha!   Seriously, man keep doing what you do man, cuz your great at it .!.!

Good luck with the computer, man, reading some of your posts have scared me into buying another jump drive ~ can never have enough of those....
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

lg

Sweet! God, I love a good shuffle.
I'd give my eye teeth to be able to play leads like you
do Bruce! Your posts are definately one of the highlights
of the forum to me!
I should go buy another jump drive also. I have been procrastinating
for too long.
LOL, you kill me!!! LOL, profanity to follow..... How true.
Good luck with the repair.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

OsCKilO

procrastination seems to be the path of the awesome......

Killer Bruce!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy