"For Ever Slow"

Started by Blooby, June 03, 2010, 05:40:15 PM

Blooby

My computer is still fried, so I am reduced to skulking around in my office after hours.  I just happened onto another old one on my work jump drive.  Right after I got my BR-1600 about five years ago, Everett (the other MoO guitarist) and myself would just set up a rhythm and bass and play.  Nothing rich harmonically, but it's pleasant enough in a spot or two. I remember I used to play this in order to fall asleep.  Perhaps that's more a comment on our potentially lackluster playing, though. 

I also remember this was my Ernie Ball Steve Morse guitar (before I fell in love with my $129 Squier Tele).  I might have to pull that guitar out of the closet again as I like the tones here.

If the player doesn't work, the download button hopefully will.

Peace to all of you.

Blooby

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Greeny

Lol - there's an 'adult content warning' on the download site for this song!

There's a beautiful dreamy and creamy tone on that guitar, and (as always) you play it so naturally and expressively. Like David Gilmour, you know exactly how to work the spaces between notes, which means it never sounds cluttered or forced... just smooth and classy. Another masterclass in taste and control!

Gu Djin

Button didn't work for me. Nice Start.  Mellow tones. I like the single notes sounds, but I think the chords sounds are brilliant, so crunchy, but clear, all the harmonics are still there.
Nicely done.
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

lg

Dreamy!
Love those guitar tones Blooby.
Nice jam.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Tony W

this is the kind of thing I could listen to for a week straight.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Blooby you are the master of those Major scalar noodles !!  I like the laid-back-easy-going-feeling on this instro! ~..~ nice work digging this diamond up from the vault, good thing you backed up your tunes man.....
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Black Mary

Fantasic guitar playing. Loved it. What was the effect you used when the harmonics overdrived? never heard that before. Fripptastic. Seriously need to know ;D
kingliggermusic

Oldrottenhead

fandabbydozy and bloobytastic
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

fenderbender

hey top class dreamy and creamy --

8) 8) 8) 8)
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Blooby

Thanks for your comments.  Now that the craziness of the penultimate week of middle school is through, I'm making steps to fix my computer.  Then I can stop lurking either off a phone browser or on my work computer.

Quote from: Black Mary on June 04, 2010, 05:45:32 PMWhat was the effect you used when the harmonics overdrived? never heard that before. Fripptastic. Seriously need to know ;D

I'm not sure to what you are referring.  In terms of harmonics, the only thing I'm doing is altering my dynamics.

I assume you're talking about the volume swells, I just picked a pretty clean tone with delay and used a volume swell setting on a Pod or perhaps the built-in effect (Can't remember).  I think I stuck to some double-stops mostly.

Blooby