Stompbox Fever

Started by Bob Iles, May 31, 2010, 08:06:06 PM

Bob Iles

Hey all:

As many of you know, I dabble in building my own effects pedals. Here's a little article I wrote about it.
You've only got 12 notes and however you mix them up is your thing. - Edward Van Halen

cuthbert

Great start, Bob...looking forward to your future installments.  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Greeny

Cool!

I admire anyone who builds their own gear. There must be huge satisfaction in playing your own tone creations. Sadly I have no technical ability to do anything like this. Just looking at the circuit diagrams sends my brain into a spin.

I'd love to be able to add some really crazy names to my own pedals... e.g. brunette fuzz box, lol

Bob Iles

You've only got 12 notes and however you mix them up is your thing. - Edward Van Halen

Tony W

Bob, I read the article, and followed the links. I'm terrified to build a stomp box, I could see it being highly addictive.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bob Iles

It's a healthy addiction, Tony. You won't die of an overdose. It wasn't discussed in the article, but there are places that sell kits I'll address that issue in the next article. I hope to be able to write one or two of these a week. Stay tuned.