"A chorus a verse and a tune you could hum" Geir covers ORH

Started by Geir, May 29, 2010, 08:24:36 AM

Geir

Geir - CH0RU3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
TributeFest (banner image missing)

When Tommy bumped Mulligans cover of this great tune yesterday I got a bug .... I just had to do this too .. it got stuck on my brain .... problem was I was gonna build a new porch at home and thus had no recording time ... well I did a rough guitarbacker last night and started rehearsing the lyrics ....

today I did a couple of vocal takes before starting the construction work ... and then ... RAIN !!!!! ;D

So here it is ... 3 guitars 1 bass and enough vocal-tracks to almost fill every track on the mbr :D

rain has stopped now so I guess I'll have to get out again ...  ... oh well ....

A Chorus, a Verse, and a Tune You Could Hum
Written by oldrottenhead.    Performed by Geir.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

fmgwabp geirtastic, i'm smiling from ear to ear. made my day my viking friend
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

What a flipping great version of this great song.  You have Geirified this one right up nice.  Killer vocals indeed...now get back to the deck.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

Flippin Fantastic,, or like Jim says  Geirtastic!!  I luv this song and you covered it well Mr G!!   Jim must be "beside" himself after hearing this rendition of his great creation! 

I luv your harmonizing G, especially at the beginning and at the end.... priceless!

I luv it .!.

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman

Geir, I really enjoyed this - I thought it was going to be acapella when it started out! Lovely harmonies and it still has the infectious and catchy nature of Jim's original. Great stuff, really nice tribute.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Diego Ayala

Totaly cool!  It just sticks to you!  I can see why you could not resist Geir!!!

Gnasty

Love this tune and now BOTH covers. Great job Geir!! T

he vocals are outstanding. Love the layers  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann