Mic Test - acoustic piano - "Lord of the Rings"

Started by AlchemyMN, September 08, 2008, 10:35:57 PM

AlchemyMN

WESV2_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
OK, I did a quick mic test...

A $1.95 computer mic (stereo input), an old voice over mic (passive condenser element I think (mono)), and the internal MBR mic.  I don't have my electret mic built yet and my other battery powered condensers were buried in the studio.

The first two are not worth sharing, they don't sound good at all.  The internal mic was the best by far.

Recorded the acoustic upright piano at about 6 feet away.  My 11-year-old son is the player, he was a bit nervous but managed to play the tune several times while I captured the recordings.

I mixed down with the pop patch...

Next month I am meeting with 2 other MBR users and hope to do a recording with 3 MBRs, each setup with a different input mic. 8)

guitarron

Quote from: AlchemyMN on September 08, 2008, 10:35:57 PMOK, I did a quick mic test...

A $1.95 computer mic (stereo input), an old voice over mic (passive condenser element I think (mono)), and the internal MBR mic.  I don't have my electret mic built yet and my other battery powered condensers were buried in the studio.

try those sony's stereo electret mic that ya can get for 10 bucks on ebay

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Wiley

This was really neat!  A real piano old fashioned kind. Great!!  Your son did a good job!! Sounds pretty good.!!

mr2kewl

i really enjoyed that piece.

and like PJ said
Quote from: wiley on December 25, 2009, 08:31:08 PMA real piano old fashioned kind. Great!!

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Ferryman

Doesn't sound bad at all - nice playing by such a young guy!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR