"A while ... and fly" (Geir original)

Started by Geir, May 24, 2010, 03:50:17 PM

Bluesberry

Wonderful song Geir, so full of good feeling and life.  Everything you do turns to gold brother, great songwriting going down at the cabin.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

wow...wow the is scrumptious! I love it - what a vibe...I'm getting the Hitchcock vibe again...and Beatles and David Byrne (circa Little Creatures)...and just feeling warm all over. Outstanding songwritng Geir!

T.C. Elliott

The vocals are as smooth as a baby's belly. It's almost too laid back... now I don't wanna get to work but wanna sit here and listen a few more times.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Geir

Thanx again fellow musicians and songwriters that I respect and admire, for your kind comments ....

Quote from: Redler on May 26, 2010, 12:40:25 PMAre the new songs recorded on MBR or that Korg D16?
All the new songs are on the mbr .... I haven't used the Korg in almost a year ... the only song I've posted here recorded on the D16 is "I am in love" and a couple of instrumental pieces.

Quote from: Kevin Mammoth on May 27, 2010, 04:24:13 AMsweet tune - Ringo jamming with Jimmy Buffet perhaps?
I'me not familiar with this Buffet, but make not to myself to check out his music !

Quote from: hooper on May 27, 2010, 05:59:08 AMGreat to hear those harmonies and as much as I love to hear that deep 'Viking voice' on the lead, I think it gets a bit muddy with too many layers in that low register.  Wonder what 'Viking falsetto' would sound like?? lol 
I've learned a lot from the you, AndyR and others here on the forum and I'm glad it shows :) I try to be consious on the vocal/instrument blend and not to let too much fight for space in the same frequency range.

oh and falsetto .... well I have done that ::)  (Please don't laugh) ;D and I tried a "whispering falsetto" kinda voice on my recent "If I could"

QuoteThe riff at the end reminds me of the melody from 'Ticket to Ride'... 'I think I'm gonna be sad'   
I was actually going for a simplified, major and reeeeeeeeeaaaally slow version of the "Lazy" riff, but I see the similarities with TtR, ......... maybe DP were going for a really fast minor version of TtR 8)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Sounds like Geir wants to get away from the corporate world, right? We all need a break sometime..... This is a really wonderful song, it reminds me of Kevin Ayers in its attutude. It just works really well, all the parts hang together beautifully and it creates a great feeling of getting away from it all.

A really well put together and truly enjoyable piece of work. Loved it!

Cjeers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann