Les Paul Firewrks!!

Started by Gnasty, May 24, 2010, 11:11:14 AM

Gnasty

Okay so i was surfing the internet the other day just looking for gadgets when i came across a brand new Les Paul Traditional this guy had for $1800. I went to the music store and played the same guitar and loved it! Its a 80`s, 90s Les paul, the only difference is the body isn`t chambered. Whoopee! They were selling it there for $2600 plus tax and in Canada being one of the most taxed countries in the world  :'( it would come out to almost $3000.

I called the guy yesterday and he was french canadian so he didn`t speak full english but i got him to drive an hour down to my house and i played the guitar. He said he bought it cheap from a rich guy who bought it for his son but his son NEVER played it. It was definitely brand new. I plugged it in my mesa boogie and just couldn`t stop playing it.The tone and pinch harmonics i was getting were just sick!  I also had a few pints in me from celebrating the Victoria Day long weekend here.
 I put a show on for the guy. He didnt mind. I realized i had to buy it for this cost and i talked him into 1700. It`s listed on the Gibson site for 3300.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Traditional.aspx

These are rough times right now but i knew this guitar was meant to be mine from how i was just looking for basically nothing, to the story of how this baby got in my lap...haha

I have pics from the fireworks show last night in the park behind me too

ROCK `N ROLL  ;D

I`ll be living happily ever after now!..THE END

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Flaming! The guitar, I mean...  ;)

But seriously, she is a beauty, and I love the flame on the top...congrats, Gnasty!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Saijinn Maas

Beautiful! Great buy! Can't wait to hear you put it through its paces. ;)

launched

That is one badass beautiful guitar, bro! Definitely a Nigel Tufnell "Can't even be looked at" model ;)

I'm psyched for you, bud - Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

Beautiful. Who wouldn't want a guitar like that?!

There are some things in life you just gotta have and I felt the same way when I bought the ES120t which is my avatar. I'm very happy for you and looking forward to hearing it.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Jim1970

that Guitar is Bad ASS!!!!
Congrats!!
JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder