"Spenser"

Started by Blooby, May 23, 2010, 07:24:44 AM

Blooby

Bruce Johnson - Spencer
Time:
0:00
Volume:
My computer is still blown up. Stupid internal hard drives. Pffft.

I am stuck at my school (and have been since 11:00 pm.), and I can't leave due to a fire watch (alarm system is down). I guess if there's a conflagration, I will have to run into the street, screaming, "Fire! Fire!"

My instructions were limited.

Any-hoo, I was killing time going through some wonderful posts by many of you (unbelievable talent on this site).  Geir, your version of "Hallelujah" really got me. Great performance. I then dug into a few jump drives to actually do some work, and I stumbled on this old file.  I think I did it the first week or two I had my BR-1600.  All I remember was trying to exploit the volume swell setting as well as getting a latter-day Ronnie Montrose sound. Mostly, I was trying to figure out how to use the machine. I called it "Spenser" because I thought it had a pulpy, private dick sort of vibe. I guess it's my after-the-thought homage to the late Robert B. Parker.

This "tune" doesn't really go anywhere (unless you count the degeneration into tasteless noodling "anywhere"), but I suppose it's all I have to offer these days. One or two new MoO songs floating around, most notably a terrible version of The Youngblood's "Get Together" with a few altered lyrics about necrophilia. Don't think I'll be posting that one. Wouldn't matter anyway as the damnable computer refuses to fix itself.

Take care, all of you.

Blooby

If the player doesn't work, the download button should.

Boognish

I like this... Pulpy is a good word for it.  I can imagine some talking vox over it...

"She was a beautiful dame. The kind you don't talk about with your mother, if you know what I mean.  She had gams like you wouldn't believe, and she knew how to use 'em..."
Okay to cover.

lg

Do you know what....I think Boognish is right!
Hey Boog....Why don't you put the vox over?
This could be a cool collab!!!!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

T.C. Elliott

I agree... that's the perfect voice over too...

I'm enjoying this track. It's a bit noodle-ish, but there are much worse examples in the world than this.  It's pretty cool and has that awesome laid back groove that is easy to like and sometimes very hard to grab a hold of. Not a bad track to stumble across and thanks for posting.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Satchwood

Very cool atmospheric soloing and great sounding guitar licks Blooby!!  Do i hear a potential collab ready to spring forth ! 

Sorry to hear about your computer..........everyone's worst nightmare.............
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Greeny

Yes... I can also hear a weary, gritty kind of film-noir voiceover fitting this like a glove. A bottle of whisky in the drawer and a pool of light on an eviction notice in some grimy, rented office. The music has great vibe and feel. And it's beautifully played of course! Too cool for school.

Oldrottenhead

i missed this one last night, cool vibe blooby.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

chapperz66

I think the "noodling" is quite tasteful.  I agree it has the makings of a "noir" soundtrack.

Paul

Tony W

The production on this is friggin fantastic blooby. What a great song. that lead guitar sounds so distant but so close. I really dig this one.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Thanks for all you comments.  It is appreciated.

Blooby