Jeff Beck on Jools Holland

Started by chapperz66, May 22, 2010, 03:21:48 AM

Greeny

I thought he was disappointing on Jools. I even thought the interview was a little disappointing. He didn't really seem to want to be there. Even though it's obvious what an incredible guitar player he is, it all leaves me a bit cold. Even the concept of doing an instrumental of 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' seems boring. It feels like the last refuge of someone who has run out of ideas. Or Hank Marvin.

I dunno. Maybe I was just in a negative mood. I hated the stuff I was playing on Friday night too.

Greeny

Koppaberg Swedish Pear Cider... that's my new favourite tipple  ;D YUMMY!

chapperz66

I'm normally a real ale man, but Waitrose had an offer on Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer a couple of weeks ago and I'm ashamed to admit that I quite like it.  Despite the claims of their marketing I think it's a bit of an alcopop but pleasant nonetheless.

(I couldn't work out how to insert a picture off their website)

Paul

Oldrottenhead

i love crabbie alcoholic ginger beer and it tastes like the real thing lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

I decided to revisit the 'over the rainbow' performance. It was actually more horrible on 2nd viewing. He didn't seem to be hitting the notes right. I know that's a mad thing to say seeing that he's a frigging guitar genius, but he doesn't seem to be on his game at all.

chapperz66

This for me is the definitive guitar version of OTRainbow.  My jaw drops every time I watch it.   I had the good fortune to see Tommy Emmanuel playing in a methodist church in Coventry on a double bill with Andy Mckee.  I chatted to them both during the interval - both really nice chaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ubVGiyAhkY

Paul