Jeff Beck on Jools Holland

Started by chapperz66, May 22, 2010, 03:21:48 AM

T.C. Elliott

Quote from: Tony W on May 22, 2010, 04:44:56 PMThat bass has a nice boob holder

That bass IS a nice boob holder. Nice framing.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Bluesberry

Nice vids 64G.  I love watching him play.  So incredible and original. Nobody else makes these kind of sounds on the guitar.  It is not about precise note selection, that is not the deal, he lets guys like Eric Clapton have that.  His style is pure emotion.  I love it too.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

my favourite version of somewhere over the rainbow before i go to bed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdxpeZLAxJ8
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Thats bloody haunting Jim.  I am scared to go to sleep after hearing that.  I may have to stay up all night now drinking the rest of my red ale.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

chapperz66

Whether I like a particular performance or song choice or not - Jeff Beck on a bad day is still about a million times better than me on my very best.  I just wish he'd write some music.

Apparently Jeff was a guest on a breakfast TV show last week and played something on the sofa.  I didn't see it but my 82 year old mum wrote his name down on a piece of paper and remembered to ask me yesterday if I'd ever heard of "A bloke called Jeff Beck.  He's very good isn't he?."  Well, yes mum, he is.

Paul

Blooby

His inability to play a straight line (yes, I'm exaggerating) sometimes gets to me (like Meryl Streep.  She is either laughing or crying during 90% of her dialogue it seems). I used to love it when he would break out that wangless Tele for "Caused We've Ended as Lovers."

Having said that, I am a huge fan and have been enjoying his Live at Ronnie Scott's DVD quite a bit. As for the vibrato bar, I don't think I've heard anything more moving than his tune "Where Were You?"  At least I hope that's the title.  Youtube is blocked here at work.

Blooby

henwrench

Beer Good.
Beck Good.
Red or Blue.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

recorder