The Greenist Blue Grass

Started by antisocialworker, May 18, 2010, 05:54:33 PM

antisocialworker

T12V2_06
Time:
0:00
Volume:
had a go at blue grass...
still learing to pick with my fingers though. its really fun. but now I want a banjo!

launched

Right on, great stuff!

Yeah, I want a banjo too.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Johnbee

A banjo would be just the touch on that.
Nice.

:) John B.

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

mike skliar

great fun!  one little suggestion--- you might want to have a bridge in there where the (more rhythmy) guitar gets away from doing those same two notes and does something sparser and airier,  just to break it up a bit, then when it gets back to that more driving rhythm it'd be a great contrast...

nice ideas tho- i liked it!

Kevin Mammoth

Hey ASW, that is a nice change of pace for you - I liked it.  But my little girl listening here with me wants to hear some lyrics (about a kitten - very cute)
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

Greeny

It needs a melody from something else hovering over the top - a mandolin or banjo. But I really like where you're going with this. It's a very nice style that you're developing. Having dabbled myself, I know it's not an easy thing to master! You should lengthen it and get some vocals on.

Gritter

This is great. A real rustic sound...could be the theme for a show like "My Name is Earl".

Vanncad

I had a go at "blue" grass once...
I think it was at a CSNY concert (oh wait - that was "wheelchair" grass  ;D)

Anyways - Sounds good ASW - way to expand your horizons!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover