Amy Wants To Go To Rehab

Started by Black Mary, May 18, 2010, 06:25:51 AM

Black Mary

Quote from: Kevin Mammoth on May 20, 2010, 08:21:08 AMI just went and had a quick listen to your back catalogue and the vocal setting you used on this one makes your voice sound completely different, it is buried a little in the mix

PS Vanncad's CBGB gag cracked me up!...
Hi Kevin. Yeah you are totally right. I screwed up with the vox settings on this. I thought it didn't sound right at the time, then noticed what I'd done. They're so dull dull dull. I'll redo them next time the neighbours are out ;D
Yeah that CBGB gag !!! Haahaha. A classic !
kingliggermusic

j.g.

Great song  - Your vocals fit into this one just right in my humble opinion. Got that rustic feel to the whole production that suits the subject and the song. Another cracker on Songcrafters.

Satchwood

....poor sad girl...   total squandering of so-called "talent". The girl needs to get a clue, and get some permanent help. I guess she'll have to nearly die to get the message.  She'll probably be dead in a year if she keeps this up....

From the news:

Amy Winehouse has sparked further fears for her health after she was admitted to the hospital following a drinking session over the weekend, according to a U.K. report.

The "Back To Black" hit maker has sought medical attention several times in recent weeks. Last month, she was taken to a hospital after a drunken fall at her London home.

Now the singer has returned to the same private clinic for more treatment, according to Britain's The Sun newspaper.

A source tells the publication, "She's there because she had a load to drink and was really unwell afterwards. Not just sick, really poorly.

"But as she really likes it in there, she was happy to go in for a few days. She's spending more time in the clinic than anywhere else at the moment."

Winehouse was also admitted to a hospital in early April while doctors carried out a series of tests after she complained of chest pains, thought to be related to her breast enlargement surgery.

The singer's hospitalizations come a year after she spent an extended vacation in the Caribbean in a bid to battle her drinking and drug demons.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailydish/detail?entry_id=63950#ixzz0oUyQwT1j
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

tom r

BM another classic dirty rocker. You are inspired at the moment the gods of sleaze rock are chanelling through you :-)

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Black Mary

Quote from: tom r on May 21, 2010, 03:18:55 AMBM another classic dirty rocker. You are inspired at the moment the gods of sleaze rock are chanelling through you :-)

Tom
LOL Cheers tom r. It must be the new Jackson Rhoads. All my hair has grew back & goin thru 5 bottles of Silvikrin a day ;D & just had an elasticated waist put in my spandex strides
kingliggermusic

trev

another winner here Black Mary - love the guitar solo.

Black Mary

Thanks trev. yeah, yeah, yeah, ;D lol
kingliggermusic

Rata-tat-tat

Had to bump this one. Whata Rocker you got there BM. LOVE IT> Has she cleaned up yet???
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Farrell Jackson

Black Mary, I absolutely love that frickin' wall of guitars and amps opener! Very clever lyric for being made on the spot. The solo was also exceptional to my ears...you've got some great tones and chops!

Too bad about Amy Winehouse and her vices....it has ruined many a good career. I haven't heard much about her lately...is she still stumbling around?

Nice work!
Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Tony W

It just feels good to listen to this again. You rock brother!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR