R.I.P DIO

Started by Gnasty, May 16, 2010, 04:33:27 PM

Jim1970

Big Big Loss!!!! I seen him a Year ago with Heaven and Hell and he kicked ass!!
He was 67 y/o. Sad Day!

jim
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Vanncad

Wow - what a loss!

I saw a local band play "Rainbow in the Dark" when I was in highschool, and it was one of those moments that made me want to get in band.

Here is the dude that was singing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDqjp-vy3Kk

I loved DIO with Sabbath ("Country Girl" - oneof my favs) and as a solo artist.

Great singer.

R.I.P. R.J.D.   :(
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Black Mary

Sh*t, this is awful news. Only found out on here. just got home after w/e away & this is 1st site I visited only to see this topic :(. He had the voice of a metal giant . He could make anything sound great with his powerful, strong, rock melodies. So strong infact, every band he sang in, sounded very similar and all because of his vocals and the way they pulled it all together. The man has left one of the best and most respected legacies in Heavy Rock
RIP RJD

DIOFEST !
kingliggermusic

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Black Mary on May 17, 2010, 10:37:09 AMSh*t, this is awful news. Only found out on here. just got home after w/e away & this is 1st site I visited only to see this topic :(. He had the voice of a metal giant . He could make anything sound great with his powerful, strong, rock melodies. So strong infact, every band he sang in, sounded very similar and all because of his vocals and the way they pulled it all together. The man has left one of the best and most respected legacies in Heavy Rock
RIP RJD

DIOFEST !

Oh hell ya! We definitely need to do a Tribute DIO FEST! 

Black Mary

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on May 17, 2010, 11:47:55 AM
Quote from: Black Mary on May 17, 2010, 10:37:09 AMSh*t, this is awful news. Only found out on here. just got home after w/e away & this is 1st site I visited only to see this topic :(. He had the voice of a metal giant . He could make anything sound great with his powerful, strong, rock melodies. So strong infact, every band he sang in, sounded very similar and all because of his vocals and the way they pulled it all together. The man has left one of the best and most respected legacies in Heavy Rock
RIP RJD

DIOFEST !
I'll drink to that my friend......
Bagsy STAND UP AND SHOUT !!!!!
kingliggermusic

Black Mary

Stand Up And Shout !!! if U want a DIOFEST !! Pay homage to the Sorceror's Ultimate Wordsmith
kingliggermusic

OsCKilO

i want the tenacious d song if we are doing a tribute fest. . . 

Quote from: Black Mary on May 17, 2010, 12:09:34 PM
Quote from: Saijinn Maas on May 17, 2010, 11:47:55 AM
RIP RJD

DIOFEST !
I'll drink to that my friend......
Bagsy STAND UP AND SHOUT !!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Gnasty

It just might happen now if we all VOTE for it on the next festival!!! ;D

Go here......https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=7328.0
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Pipes

Hi there...
Thanks for posting that video of the Great Ronnie..i really, really enjoyed it:))
He will be soo greatly missed..my hero and a hero for countless others..
Size of an elf but the lungs of a Pavorotti
R.I.P. R.J.D :'(

launched

Oh, man that's awful - But I did get to see him on the Heaven and Hell tour, so I'm glad I did that.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover