my trusty old micro br

Started by Oldrottenhead, May 14, 2010, 07:24:15 AM

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 03, 2012, 12:42:13 PMi think it is like this because i hold it like a soap bar when i'm singing, so all the buttons n stuff outta reach of my fingers are all still there, but everything  else has been rubbed off.

Maybe you have extremely alkaline sweat like Rory Gallagher. The finish was totally stripped off his Strat just from playing it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

James should get a signature mbr ... just like the pic !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

just got a comment from boss re the above pic on my facebook page

QuoteBOSS UK : I think this is the most road worn Micro BR I have ever seen. Message me your address and I'll send you a free case, so you can write another 733 songs ;)

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Cool! I wonder what they mean by case. Are they talking about a protective case like the BA-MBR-S silicone rubber case? Or are they talking about the actual hard plastic case of the BR itself? Would be nice if it's the latter. It would almost be like getting a new BR.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

mmmmmmmmmm, i replied to him/her that i still have the case that came with it. the wee black bag lol. never thought he/she meant the actual casing.
also said i was hoping to upgrade to the br80, once ive upgraded my central heating, in the hope he sends me one of them instead lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

chip

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 07, 2012, 10:21:40 AMmmmmmmmmmm, i replied to him/her that i still have the case that came with it. the wee black bag lol. never thought he/she meant the actual casing.
also said i was hoping to upgrade to the br80, once ive upgraded my central heating, in the hope he sends me one of them instead lol.

They may send you a discount voucher for the BR80 and a case thrown in. Be good if they sent you a BR80 though. They should take advantage of what could be an inventive advertising plan using the road worn MBR, showing how much action Boss products can take and still work like new...........
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

cuthbert

^Agreed - Jim's MBR is proof of great build quality on the MBR.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

i am astounded it still works the amount of times ive dropped it.

note to self  try not to record when drunk.

aye right!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

There`s that corporate industry BS i`ve learned to hate! If something caught their attention that much to comment, you`d think they`d go out of their way and say, i`ll send you a new br-80? If i worked there i would do it!
Just like everything it is customers that make them who they are. Give your customers incentives sometimes. I`m a struggling small company and i do it. It gives me more customers in the end.

Press them you want the br-80 Jim!! >:(
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

are you staring at me eric? your new avatar is freakin me oot! it looks like a young me.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann