my trusty old micro br

Started by Oldrottenhead, May 14, 2010, 07:24:15 AM

Geir

Oh I use protection !! :D

Doesn't seem to help tho ::)

Can't use protection for the oral work .... just doesn't feel right ....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

yeah mark  i lost the battery cover
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

IanR

Does anyone actually use the silicone covers made for the MBR?  I was given one when I bought my unit but I hated it.  I'd much rather do it unprotected :)

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

cuthbert

Quote from: IanR on June 03, 2010, 06:02:21 AMDoes anyone actually use the silicone covers made for the MBR?  I was given one when I bought my unit but I hated it.  I'd much rather do it unprotected :)

I have one, and although I don't like the feel of it much, it has saved my MBR from a couple of nasty drops that I'm sure would have otherwise damaged it.

As far as protection goes, that does sound depressingly familiar...  :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

hardlock

Did I hear somewhere that there is a new upgrade to the operating system for the MBR?  I've noticed a few editing bugs that would sure be nice to have fixed? :)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

launched

Quote from: IanR on June 03, 2010, 06:02:21 AMDoes anyone actually use the silicone covers made for the MBR?  I was given one when I bought my unit but I hated it.  I'd much rather do it unprotected :)

Yep, and mine is in like new condition because of it. Obviously the mic hole is not protected which I've had close calls with. I have resorted to screw top bottles, but when drinking beer or G&T's it's a crapshoot!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

I don't use a cover. It's nicely scuffed as a result - through 500+ recordings (all on the original card). It's nowhere near as bad as ORH's though!

64Guitars

Quote from: hardlock on June 13, 2010, 12:17:55 AMDid I hear somewhere that there is a new upgrade to the operating system for the MBR?  I've noticed a few editing bugs that would sure be nice to have fixed? :)

The latest update that I'm aware of is version 1.04 which you can download from Roland Germany.

http://www.rolandmusik.de/ftp/pub/downloads/tecfiles/G_bis_O/MBR_1v04.zip

More info in this topic:

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=3553.msg36123#msg36123

I don't know if it fixes any editing bugs though. What sort of problems have you been having with editing on the Micro BR?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 22, 2010, 09:42:15 PM
Quote from: hardlock on June 13, 2010, 12:17:55 AMDid I hear somewhere that there is a new upgrade to the operating system for the MBR?  I've noticed a few editing bugs that would sure be nice to have fixed? :)

The latest update that I'm aware of is version 1.04 which you can download from Roland Germany.

I don't know if it fixes any editing bugs though. What sort of problems have you been having with editing on the Micro BR?

I've updated to 1.4, well on the stolen one (must get a new one SOON!!!). I don't think there's much difference as to editing bugs. I've experienced a few myself, but never taken notes as to what they were so this is just from memory. Sometimes when bouncing the resulting tracks are not complete. Sometimes when copying a track (with repeat > 1) there have been some sync-problems. If the memorycard is getting full the bounce and/or the exported tracks from a mastering process will be skipping a timeperiod in either left or right channel giving weird results. The two first can of course happen if you don't do things right (A-B selection wrong, copying to wrong place), but I've done this so many times now I'm quite certain it has happened also when I'm doing everything by the book. The last one is an obvious error you can't cause yourself and is usually accompanied by a "card read error" or "drive busy". None of these errors are fixed in 1.4.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

gawd my trusty microbr looks almost brand new in these pics lol. i should take some pics of it's current condition lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann